10 or 20 year high/low for indexes?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by moorglade, Aug 29, 2002.

1. moorglade

moorglade

Does anyone know where I can get charts that go back 10 or 20 years on futures? I'm wanting to see the highs and lows over the period. I've had no luck surfing beyond 2-3 year charts.

Thanks

2. Yaz

Yaz

If you don't mind that your data is going to be the cash-indexes, and not futures-based, go to www.prophetfinance.com. You can pull up daily charts of the S&P going back to the 1960's, and the Dow back to 1915 or so. Yes, daily charts. You don't have to register, either, if you don't want to.

If you really have to have futures-based data, they do offer a separate subscription service for that as well (I've never used it).

For the 'equities' data, paste the link below and it'll take you right to the 'java-charts' screen:

http://www.prophetfinance.com/charts/pc.asp

When the screen appears, look for the 'pull-down' menus at the top of the chart. Click the "1-Year" screen, and scroll to the bottom where it says "ALL." The chart will first appear as "monthly" data, so click the 3rd pull-down menu and reset it to "daily" data. If you have a 56K connection, it will take 20-30 seconds for all the data to appear - it obviously is a breeze on a DSL-type line.