10 of Jim Cramer's Favorite Stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by snooptrader, Oct 16, 2003.

1. stop the bullcrap.. please. someone just pull up recent 5 year return numbers for his supposed hedge fund. lets settle this once and for all. this guy belongs on cnbc, not in real trading.

#11     Oct 20, 2003
  2. here is the performance number streetcom is spamming me with at this time. they wouldnt lie would they?

I'm pleased to announce that Jim Cramer will be starring in the next TSC Chat, on Thursday, Oct. 23 from noon to 1 p.m.
    You know Jim from his commentary on RealMoney, his work on the radio and TV, and through his stock picks on Action Alerts PLUS -- as of Oct. 15, the portfolio's one-year return is 43.1% (though past results are not necessarily indicative of future performance).

#12     Oct 20, 2003
  3. Does nobody here remember how Cramer pounded the table on Qwest from $40 all the way to $11?

What I find most laughable about realmoney is CODY WILLARD because he acts like he's some kind of all-knowing guru, when in fact, the dude lost everything between 2001 and 2003; he was calling a bottom at Nasdaq 4000, and has been ever since.

#13     Oct 20, 2003
  4. Dont remember Quest, but does this sound familiar.We own it at 160,we own it at 140, and we're buying more today at 130.This was on CNBC a couple years ago when he was a guest.He was referring to AOL.

#14     Oct 20, 2003
  5. I don't have the yearly numbers but the figure that has been thrown around in magazine interviews before is "24% compounded growth over 15 years".

I know he did go out on top. I think he had a 36% up year when he bailed. The Naz certainly was up a lot more that year than him but all in all he seemed to have done pretty well.

Now a "risk adjusted return". LOL. That might be interesting to look at. :p

#15     Oct 20, 2003
  6. i listened to the radio show today. cramer discovered the sox today. said he would be buying here if he was at hedge fund. cramer is late to the story a lot. it works ok in a bull but in a correction he gets to be the bagholder.

#16     Oct 21, 2003
  7. I love all the Cramer bashing we always get. Sure he's an opportunist, and and egomaniac. But you know what, he get's it right often enough, and has the b***s the put it out there.

Plus if you listen to what he says about market structure and what goes on behind the scenes, you learn something.

Now, bashers, crawl back under those rocks.:D

#17     Oct 21, 2003
  8. yea, we should listen to a guy who averaged 24% COMPOUNDED? (i dont even know if thats true but anyway). maybe thats good for an investor... but for a trader?????????????????????????????

#18     Oct 21, 2003

9. Yeah, we know everyone here and within 100 miles of here makes that and more in a bad year. And that's on thier entire net worth , not the 25k they put up so they could warm a seat at Worldco.

I don't know how Cramer dares show his face , when he's got to confront the legion of superstars we sport here.

See ya, Gotta go do some compounding.

PS Figured I'd make my 1000th post something special.

#19     Oct 21, 2003
  10. yeah ALL of '03............... and '02, and "01, and.............

#20     Oct 21, 2003