10 Futures Trading Skills

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MattZ, Mar 4, 2020.

1. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

comagnum, toucan and Baron like this.
  2. Dazz

Dazz

While I like your 10 list and understand that most such lists have 10, not 9 or 11, I might add the following skills or knowledge to the retail trader:

11. Of the 1982 current "trade rooms", just about 99.6% do not trade but sell (i.e. all vendor/no trader).
    12. Therefore all of their revenue comes from selling goods and services and education to the retail trader.
    13. Since they sell and do not trade, 99.6% do not have a track record
    14. As a retail trader, you cannot learn what is not traded, not measured and not shown.

Spooz Top 2 and SimpleMeLike like this.
  3. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I don't disagree with your points, but these are not skills, and all 4 points are simply one point: vendors sell. It's one's job to do his/her due diligence.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    patrickrooney and SimpleMeLike like this.
  4. Dazz

Dazz

Well I think it is a skill to know that rooms that pretend to be "trading rooms" are not trade rooms at all but sales rooms, yes? It is a skill to understand that trading is so hard that 99.6% of the nearly 2000 rooms out there do not trade, yes? I think it is a skill to know that typing out a trade, using dots and circles and lines or arrows is not really trading yes? Retail traders should be so informed methinks.

5. vinc

vinc

I didn't read the article as the word ''skills' put me off.. trading is not about skills, it's about scientific research..cant imagine Simons or Thorp having some 'skills'..

6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

...right, and applying your research and sticking with it, is not a skill? daily traders go belly up because they could not stick to their plan.

comagnum likes this.