10 biggest douchebags in TV news

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Jul 9, 2009.

1. rickf

rickf

+1 on Rick. He knows his stuff and tea party antics aside, is the only "sane" and "competent" journo on CNBC, and the only person I care about what he might say.

I still dont' watch CNBC much anymore, but I do take interest in Santelli if I see him.

I think most of the rest either are news (or tape) readers (market reporters and anchors) or opinion-makers (Kudlow, Beaker, etc.) who are more for infotainment than education or the conveyance of news.

Still a Bloomberg fan. Compared to CNBC, I like my business news boring. :)

#11     Jul 10, 2009

2. Santelli's dead on, Mr. Turkeyneck. He's a bit stylized but dead-on. He believes the markets should be FREE & this mountain of (useless) debt will CRUSH OUR CHILDREN & GRANDCHILDREN!

Wake up you dunce!

#12     Jul 10, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

This coming from a network that promotes the redneck UFC as a real sport.

#13     Jul 10, 2009
  4. drcha

drcha

I'm very pleased to see Lou Dobbs included on the list.

#14     Jul 11, 2009

5. I've been reading and not posting on ET for about a year. This one post infuriates me, not because I like Rick Santelli, but how a poster can be so wrong.

Rick Santelli is the only person that actually tells it how it is and he is right most of the time.

It is obvious that the OP does not trade for a living, and if he/she does, I suggest quitting immediately, as if you can't even recognize the guys in the 'know' from the bullshitters, god help u

#15     Jul 11, 2009
  6. i second that; kneale has no clue how to carry an interview.
    My guess is cnbc gave him the 8pm slot,
    because nobody watches the station at that hour anyway...

as for santelli,
    gotta give'em props for the whole teaparty thing this spring...
    but what's up with that neverending second story camera angle,
    and the floor traders getting their occasional 5 seconds of fame?

#16     Jul 11, 2009
  7. Gotta agree with most. Santelli is a breadth of fresh air.

Occasionally, a few other intelligent comments slip through. Mark Haines did a smack down with Rep Barney Frank a few weeks ago. Rep. Frank accused Haines of asking contradictory questions, then ended the interview with Haines. The following day, Haines (an attorney) calmly explained to the camera that there is no such thing as "contradictory questions", there are only "contradictory answers".

Joe Kernan sometimes seems on the verge of saying something intelligent, but then he wimps out.

For me, the rest of that TV show is on mute. And that guy, John Harwood sounds like a PR guy for the DNC. Can't stand it.

#17     Jul 12, 2009