'10 best countries to retire to' - from UK

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Wallace, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Nym

Nym

well... i would consider the case where you are "still young" and capable of doing something and the case where the doctor is your best friend...

#11     Aug 25, 2012
  2. i don't believe US gov is not intrusive .. thats crazy... your way more private in Costa rica or somewhere where there isn't a camera on you and your entire internet connection can be gone through just because they say your a terrorist.. i do love america though.. lets hope these Academic fed jack fucks don't ruin it for us with there wonderful money wheel.. i'd retire to several countries fuck it... i wont the best of all of the world!

#12     Aug 25, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

#13     Aug 25, 2012
  4. d08

d08

I'm not including most of the developing world in the comparison, so yeah - it's definitely worse in some African country, Dubai or China.
    With Homeland Security, the gov't doesn't need to go through the typical procedures to get the permits to monitor your every action.

#14     Aug 25, 2012
  5. You have to look at it in context. For example, yes in England they pay the equivalent of $8 or $9 per gallon vs the USA's $4 per gallon, but everything in England is built pre-industrialized age, so you dont have to drive as far to get places like you do in the US. You can drive ANYWHERE in England on a tank of gas, doesnt matter where you start. In the US, You probably cant get out of your state on a tank of gas. In the UK people who live out in the "country" can still get to town in 5 minutes. In the US, if you live in the "country" its at least a 30 minute drive. Everything is spaced further apart here...our houses, our stores, everything.

#15     Aug 25, 2012
  6. Huh? Seriously?

#16     Aug 25, 2012
  7. d08

d08

That's so wrong, I'm not sure where to start.

#17     Aug 25, 2012
  8. #18     Aug 25, 2012
  9. Also of note...Gas Octane ratings are much higher in England.

#19     Aug 25, 2012
  10. Why would you say such a thing?

#20     Aug 25, 2012