10/2 How I'm trading inverses on Trump's covid dx: UVXY SDOW SPXS SQQQ TZA

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Oct 2, 2020.

1. deaddog

deaddog

I don't have the data to substantiate that pro's use EOD and delayed data. I use EOD info for the most part but don't consider myself a pro. I like to think of myself as a successful retail trader. I get to buy my data cheaper that way. :)

When I say real time trades I mean that the entries are posted before the exits. I'm not all that convinced that the posters who claim they entered here and exited there and made a pot full of money are telling me the whole truth. However if they post that they have entered when they post and claim to exit at a later date or time, it has a bit more credibility.

And really who cares? Unless you are front running or shadow trading my calls it's just entertainment.

#21     Oct 4, 2020
    Sigue!, KCalhoun and murray t turtle like this.
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Excuse me?
    We're up 45-50pts since this thread extolling a short position started.
    Half of that occurred between 9am and 10am -- 5 hours after the OP's (and my) post. That's the wrong direction.
    Methinks your maths needs adjustment.
    :D

("About 180°??":confused: Indeed.:rolleyes:)

#22     Oct 5, 2020
  3. deaddog

deaddog

Update???

#23     Oct 6, 2020
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

As we're french-kissing 3400, it'd be a fine time to buy a 1-week put spread. Say, 3350/3300 -- not to be greedy.

#24     Oct 6, 2020
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

lost some $ scaling out, still long a bit, stim delay news helping :D

fdly6octa.jpg fdly6octb.jpg

love SQQQ still lol
    sqqq6octb.jpg

watch out belowwwwwwwwww...
    spy6oct.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    #25     Oct 6, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

And now let's go for a call spread, two weeks out, at 3400/3415.

#26     Oct 6, 2020
  7. you gotta watch oil and the weather. Big oil buys much ad time during weather shows this time of year, so weather news is always ready to super hype even the smallest storm coming anywhere near the gulf. Oil traders going to game oil pretty high as this storm hypes. This means markets going higher.

#27     Oct 7, 2020
    themickey and KCalhoun like this.
  8. themickey

themickey

Yup, I hold 2 inverse ETF's BBOZ.AX & BBUS.AX.
    Holding the course, will take alot to shake me out, sitting pat.
    frog-1.gif

#28     Oct 7, 2020
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Very fun week so far.

Flatness for me right now -- I have equal excuses for rise, fall, and stay-the-course.
    Still basically the rollover agenda, and looking for an excuse to move stuff. (Which means a downdraft, given fewer buyers "of size" than sellers.

Trying like hell to ignore (trend) model triggers until after the election. These short-term plays help, though again: me's flat right now.

If we pop tomorrow, I'll buy a put spread again.
    If we drop, a call spread.
    Short term; 1%-2% away; 15-20 S&P points wide on top, 25-40 pts wide on bottom.
    Exit with a nice move.

Sleep nights. Autumn yard work.

#29     Oct 7, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  10. %%
    I would not limit the word ''pro'' to a SEC/NYSE definition/but we have to consider that,Mr Peanuts/dd.
    As far as proof, like you say''who cares??''--- if I find something 77% to 97.777 useful/I dont need any further proof.
    Pot full of money?? Its not easy to even beat SPY/QQQ/NQ over 20 years.
    QQQ/spy stays 100% invested,
    no slippage,
    no commissions,
    seldom errors,
    super low manage FEE...…………………………………………………...

#30     Oct 8, 2020