1 timeframe, 1 trend, 1 entry/exit......many markets

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by chewbacca, Mar 23, 2008.

1. ammo

ammo

there are as many ways to trade as there are trading products, just another guy who threw his opinion out there and then a lot of crap comes in and the thread turns into shit, every one of you posting bad shit have posted stuff that wasn't bad shit, actually very good shit, so can you filter your posts like i h.ope you're filtering your trades and just post the good shit! Mann financial was started by a guy who traded off the stars and the moon alignment

#21     Mar 24, 2008
  2. How's price action work'in for ya these days?

Yep, it's easy as that folks, that's why so many fail at trading (including a few unmentionable vendors) ... LMAO. :D

#22     Mar 24, 2008

3. Quite well actually. Thanks so much for asking.

And how about you, is your clue deficit disorder getting worse or are you just having a bad day?

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

st

#23     Mar 24, 2008
  4. but of course :p

#24     Mar 24, 2008
  5. romik

romik

Basically - Jack of all trades, master of none.

Prof, have you paid this month's rent to Jimmy, you're on his turf you know.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1731980#post1731980

#25     Mar 24, 2008
  6. Yep, this thread definitely belongs in chit-chat now ... thanks for coming by and totally trivializing it romik.

#26     Mar 24, 2008
  7. When nothing else works . . . throw out childish insults.
    Lord, my 8 year old is more original and creative.

#27     Mar 24, 2008
  8. Wow, I had to read all 15 pages to believe what I was reading. Mandelbrotset aka Icarus aka JimmyJam is slamming Chewy, Stealth and I in this thread for posting the EXACT same thing he posted himself in that thread. (except without the typos)

I'm appalled. This sheads a whole new light on "The Many faces of Jimmy". You have to read that closed thread to believe it.

#28     Mar 24, 2008
  9. Well...

It's a good start for a newbie. If one person can trade a single strategy succussfully, it's a straight forward process for that person to trade another strategy.

I wouldn't be conclusive like the other posters in here about "MASTERING" a strategy. It's the market we trade, not the strategy. Again, it's still a good start to get exposed the market using that particular strategy as a measure. You'll start building market selection skills that is important for trading.

Though... trading is not ONLY about market selection. There's other aspects of trading that is equally important. A trader does not last and cannot survive with only one skill.

Again, it's a good start... but not the conclusion.

#29     Mar 25, 2008
  10. Some of us have found a strategy that works on all of our specific chart increments in all markets. Some charts show more, of what we see as noise than others so we simply stay away from those incremental charts. Those are usually the faster fractals.

Here lies the difference, you seemingly trade markets, we trade charts. We have found that price works the same regardless of the market/chart, one just has to find the specific fractal chart to trade in a specific market chart environment that matches the way we trade; intraday, swing, position, long term or what I call buy and go to sleep.

I agree that there are many other aspects to consider in one’s trading; money management, trade management and the psychology behind the trades as well. Some work identically and others work a little differently with each specific strategy. All those are skills that are a must to consistent profitability. We are talking about a strategy not individual skills.

I don't know Chewy's background but I am anything but a "newbie". I've researched what I do for over 12 years and have internally confirmed precisely my strategy and where and what increments it works best.

#30     Mar 25, 2008