1 timeframe, 1 trend, 1 entry/exit......many markets

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by chewbacca, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Oh, I absolutely "get it" Jimmy.

Stops are discretionary if set arbitrarily. Stops are objective if set at fixed oscillations. Some people use them as fixed objects, some as mental objects. I respect both uses defending on the chart they are applied to.

In regards to your other comment, "1 way to trade", that isn't the name of the thread or how Chewy explained it. Chewy is simply stating that you set up a single environment and trade it and that single environment, whatever YOU make it, will work across all markets. I personally expand on it further to state that this approach works across all charts in all markets as long as the charts are set up fractally.

Why you find the need to continuously and blatantly misquote individuals, even in their own thread is amazing.

What you love is causing unnecessary turmoil.

#11     Mar 24, 2008
  2. 1 timeframe, 1 trend, 1 entry/exit......many markets

... looks like "1 way to trade" to me. :eek:

You're just excited because he mentioned "volume charts", LOL. With this guy tooting your horn, you're sure to go far, LOL some more.

#12     Mar 24, 2008
  3. Instead of "looking" at it, it would help if you actually read it next time. I've always found a literal translation is always far more accurate than making something up.

#13     Mar 24, 2008
  4. Ah, to finish up.

I counter trend trades the ES/ZN, exited ZN at the top of the retrace (good old intuition ... and measuring the standard deviation doesn't hurt either) ... didn't like the looks of the ES, so I turned it into a pairs trade using the NQ as a hedge, which I exited at a nice profit, liquidated the Short ES position on the mid afternoon drop. :D

Many ways to trade, many time frames, many trading styles.

LOL this place. :p

#14     Mar 24, 2008

5. Yea, sure you did *snicker*............a legend in your own mind.

st

#15     Mar 24, 2008

6. Perhaps some day once you are old enough to shave you will actually learn one that works.

As the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of a fool.

st

#16     Mar 24, 2008
  7. Last time I heard that quote (mid 1980's) I was passing through Seoul, Korea and a religious guy said it to my girlfriend.

Mark

#17     Mar 24, 2008
  8. I repeat, I fully understand what you are talking about.
    You trade many different styles, time frames, increments, indicators, methodologies, systems and markets. Normal average human traders need to master a single step at time. You seemingly have mastered everything; all styles, time frames, increments, indicators, methodologies, systems and markets.
    You are the master of your own universe and are welcome to stay there.

#18     Mar 24, 2008
  9. Interesting thread, i use a similar methodology.

I WANT my setups to work on different instruments (Data convergence). If a setup works over time on the ES but not on the YM or ER, i will not trade it, because there is no convergence.

I have 3 automated setups right now, all working fine on the ES,ER,YM

a scalping setup on a 610v chart, a trend following enter-on-the-pullback on a 5 mins, and a countertrend quick in and out on the 3 min chart.

Of course when you are doing extensive research, everytime you model and test 100 setups, only 1 or 2 will come out as being 1) profitable over time 2) convergence from many markets 3) good ''specs'' (DD, sortino, PF, etc)

so the 98 out of 100 setups remaining are either lone wolves (they work on 1 market only, on the others they suck for some reason) or they just wont work.

An exemple of this is a setup i modeled using Murrey math lines, it works pretty well on the ER, but it suck on the ES and on the NQ, maybe im doing something wrong, and i don't possess the experience to find out what yet, so i'm keeping it on the side for now.

#19     Mar 24, 2008
  10. Nah, I haven't mastered everything.

Not once did I use volume bars in my trading ... :D
    Now back to your regularly scheduled program of nOObs, vendors and poseur posters.

LOL this place again and again. :D :D :D

#20     Mar 24, 2008