1 timeframe, 1 trend, 1 entry/exit......many markets

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by chewbacca, Mar 23, 2008.

1. this is my version of simple profitable method.......

1 timeframe.....preferably EOD........or use constant volume bars large enough to cover ave. daily volume........okay now why 1 timeframe? because time fractals are infinite.......you can look at tick charts, 1 minute charts, 5/10/15/17/33/57/83/100/ect minute charts, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, decade, or even centennial charts using time bars...........then you can use another set of infinite variants in volume charts........stop the bullshit........just pick ONE TIMEFRAME.......and MASTER IT.......stop thinking your missing out on some secret time fractal or combo of timeframes because you're not.

1 trend.........again use one simple trend indicator whether its SMA, EMA, linear regression, whatever........just pick one and master it...........don't fool yourself into thinking that you need some secret combo of 2 or more.........thats bullshit......if you think like that then you're just hell bent on making simple and easy things hard and complicated.......pick one and master one........and totally forget about countertrend trades - as dustin said they are 2x harder than trend trades and 1/2 as profitable (or something like that.....but it was golden quote).

1 entry/exit.........this has already been proven by b1s2 and others.........traders that scale in and out are scared and usually trade to maximize win% instead of amount of $ won......its just an ego thing admit it.

many markets..........you have thousands to choose from......never put all your eggs into one basket........there will always powerful trends to trade.........just be careful your positions aren't too highly correlated with one another.

2. Doesn't look simple.

Regardless, what's simple to me may not be simple to you or vice versa.

Thus, it really doesn't matter if its simple or not.

What matters is if its profitable or not.

Mark

3. Absolutely perfect Chewy!
    Well done!
    The only problem is that you are talking to a vast majority of individuals out there without the patience to "MASTER" each element of this process.
    For the most part they will watch this process for a day or two, lose interest and go somewhere else.
    Think about something we all learn through this process . . . we need those other people, trading as erratically as they do, to keep our processes functioning consistently.
    Order out of Chaos!!
    :D

4. if a guy wants to consistently make huge amounts of money relative to much smaller losses.....then he needs to first see the market consistantly everyday........"trade what u see" but you have to learn how to see and what to look for first.........most traders see randomly and trade randomly.......one timeframe one day and another the next day.......one trend indicator one day and another the next day.........trend trading one day and countertrend trading the next....random entries and random exits........you can't build any trading skills like that.

5. Care to share some performance statistics?

6. What is your idea of a "huge amount of money" chewy.
    Be a devil and throw a figure at it.

regards
    f9

7. What is the trend during the moring session in the ES and ZN today chewie?

I made money going Short the ES and Long the ZN.

I used 15 minute candlesticks

But thanks for sharing so much of your knowledge with the ET Community, at this rate you're going to make an excellent Hedge Fund manager ... or maybe managing assets at a bank is more your style? :p

LOL this thread.

8. OK, now I just turned around and made money on the Long side trading the NQ on a dual-frame, range bar chart.

... once again chewie, your efforts are appreciated. :)

9. Let's see you trade using candlestick charts or bar charts, minute charts, range bar charts and Market Profile charts randomly and you use Stochastics, the MACD and ribbons randomly for indicators but you then make fun of everone else and how they look at their charts.
    I think we all understand exactly what it is you do.

10. None of this is random, duh, don't you get it? :confused: ...

... and as far as "making fun" of someone, anyone who starts threads saying Stop Losses are for Losers or 1 way to trade, period is pretty much putting a target on his head. What's his next thread going to be? Money Management is for Wimps? :p

BTW, how are your 1 and 2pt YM trades coming along, ProfLogic? :D

LOL this thread, LOL these people.

#10     Mar 24, 2008