1 T External Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by saxon22, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Wait a minute this is not all:

1. Only oranic baby food for the boys till the age of 2. I am still paying off the second motgage I needed to pay for those groceries.

2. Still buys organic cereal for them. I on the other hand can eat the regular stuff (hey I gave her 2 kids, so wtf am I still doing around?) :D

3. No smoking in the house which also became no smoking in the garage which became no smoking around the kids while outside which became no smoking period.

4. Havin mother in law helping with kids, which became mama living with us which became mama lives with us we should support her which means if I do not throw out KOHL's or Macy's shit out before wife gets home o mama takes them to "her" room, I know what we are doing this weekend. bad part is there is always a fucking sale yet they never buy what IS on fucking sale. Well, at least I know why I am still around.

5. It could be worse. Could it? :D :D :D :D

#11     Oct 23, 2008

2. We both wear pants but let's not get into the kinky stuff shall we?

Sha has on occassion, but it was not during the time of urination, but let;s not get into that.....

A hard drive is not a hard drive. I need something that is considered the most reliable one.

#12     Oct 23, 2008
  3. pricegrabber.com
    mysimon.com
    bizrate.com
    even amazon.com

once you find what you want, these sites (and others) will help you get a good price and maybe see the retailer's rating

#13     Oct 23, 2008
  4. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

A hard drive IS just a hard drive. Unless you buy a solid state drive, ALL hard drives are exactly the same. They ALL fail you, it's just a matter of when. I've had an 80gb maxtor last me about 6 years now, but my next maxtor died after 6 months. I've experienced the same with WD and Seagate. Check the ads at Best Buy and when one goes on sale, buy it. Just know that it could last you 10 years or 10 weeks. Also, if you go with some brand like iomega or simpletech or some other not-so-popular external drive, there is a 99% chance there is a western digital drive inside.

#14     Oct 23, 2008
  5. So, they are all the same. No better or worse????? I guess I will get two of one kind and hope for the best.

#15     Oct 23, 2008
  6. Bob111

Bob111

i told you-build your own. make sure it's well ventilated..

http://www.hddtemp.com/

#16     Oct 23, 2008
  7. Surdo

Surdo

I am really not interested in your wife's usage of a strap-on!

#17     Oct 23, 2008
  8. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

comparing hard drives is like comparing light bulbs. what's a better 60w light bulb....GE or Phillips? Everyone has their own preference.

#18     Oct 23, 2008

9. If you can't take the heat then stay out of the kitchen. :D

:D

#19     Oct 23, 2008

10. I get it now. I was under the impression that there are equal and then there are more equal ones out there.

#20     Oct 23, 2008