1. Spread comparison (HotForex, FBS, ICM, Vipro, Fxpro, GFtrade review)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by nasdogster, Jan 7, 2019.

1. There are many Forex professional traders and many experts, but even I’m not professional but will talk about Forex based on my long experience. So today, based on my experience, I will give you some tips for the beginner of Forex trading. Based on my personal experience, please refer to it as you see fit.

When I first started trading Forex, I decided to try it without thinking. I have no idea about that time. At that time, I did not have a lot of good information, and I just saw the flow on the approximate graph and made a deal. Initially, it started at $ 100, earned up to $ 500, earned up to $ 1,000. I thought I was pretty good at trading. But there was a fact I easily overlooked. If my profit rate is 400%, I have a lot of losses, but at that time, I did not pay much attention to marginal calls or rollovers. I was believed myself bold enough to make a lot of money, and I invested up to $ 2,000 to $ 3,000. Eventually, I lost all my money. So, there are some important trading elements of my own.

Let's take a look at some important terms you should know basically.

What is a spread? It refers to the additional interest rate that is added to the base rate depending on the credit rating when issuing bonds or bank loans. The higher the credit rating, the lower the spread, and vice versa.

Leverage can help your trading. It is also called "leverage effect" by raising capital profit ratio by taking other people's capital such as deposits as leverage.

Rollover is a maintenance fee for a position after a certain period of time without the buyer immediately clearing the bond.

A margin call is a request to preserve a fund's investment principal if it is lost. If the margin is insufficient, it means to keep the margin shortage. The larger the lot number, the more the margin call amount is required.

As mentioned above, the spread is different for each broker at the spread rate, depending on the account you use in the broker. Of course, VIP accounts and premium accounts have lower spreads. Spreads are based on 1lot, and if the spread is 1pip, the spread cost that you pay for the 10th transaction is 100USD. As a result, spread costs are quite large, and Spread fluctuations are an important factor in trading
    I'll show you the difference in spreads for each broker.

I listed up EUR / USD and USD / JPY as the currency pair, because it is the biggest currency pair. It is very active, and many brokers offer low spreads. The euro and dollar are both internationally majors and are recognized as the most stable official currency, and both currencies are an important factor in foreign markets. As widely used, it is a reliable currency and adds to the liquidity of a very common and traded currency pair. The yen is the most easily traded currency in Asia, and the Japanese currency is used as an overall economic indicator in the Pacific region. Especially, the relationship between the US dollar and the euro, which are highly traded currencies, is the determinant of the yen's value.

As a result, all brokers on the graph above are offering a spread below 1pip and are competitive in the market. However, when trading in foreign exchange, do not trade the report at the current low spread. Each broker has a different transaction fee. For example, ‘ICMarket’ offers low spreads to ECN accounts, but it is not low considering the $ 7 round trip fee. Don’t judge a book by its cover. Relatively Vipro Market is a new company with the lowest commission fee of $ 4, and GFtrade spreads are higher than brokers mentioned above, but there is no commission fee. You can also get a cashback system for $ 4 per day, which gives you virtually laid-back benefits. In the case of Fxpro or HotForex, the major currency pair is very low. However, when trading a high or non-major currency pair, the commission is different like $ 4 round-trip compared to the major currency pair.

As a result, traders are also sensitive to the spread of the spread in the transaction, but the commission and the price of the commission should also be important.

2. Overnight

Overnight

Buh bye.

3. Most everything you wrote can be gleaned by a newbie on Investopedia, so, what is your point? Your spread table curiously excludes Interactive broker that offers tighter spreads in majors than any of the other brokers/ECNs you listed. Also, you did not specify is that per 100k or 1mln traded size, or base notional? Also your spreads have probably been sampled at a point in time rather than properly averaged over different volatility regimes and trading days/hours.

4. pipeguy

pipeguy

It won't help. Execution shows that slippage skew any spread calculations considerably :)

5. Not with a solid broker in cash fx. My major source of transaction related expense is spread not slippage. I trade around 600 million usd notional per month.

6. pipeguy

pipeguy

oh then yes. He talked about CFD brokers and comparison of their live spreads is tricky.