1% profit per day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lojze, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

The size issue is one that I am currently having some positive experience with, but it certainly changed what I do. In our money managment program we execute in the area of 100 SP, and Nasdaq contracts on a trade. When I was trading my own account with 5 lots I had much less to think about as there was always some one willing to accomodate my size. I now have to think is my clerk going to be able to get this. You are also I think somewhat less agressive with large size, though this might just be me with it being a relatively new experience for me. Anyway, I doubt I will see any more 10% days, but Im quiet happy with the slow and steady growth we are seeing in a type of market I dont usually trade well in. For this month we are up about 3% and have not had a day where we lost more than 3 Nasdaq points, but I havent had any huge up days either, nothing about 8. This should go to show also that you dont need to be pulling down huge numbers to put in a huge return. As an example, we use a requirement of $10,000 per Emini Contract traded, using this as an example it only takes an average gain of 2 points per day to double your account in a year. Also using this as an example, it only takes 2 points a day on average losing to be broke.

Brandon

#61     Aug 7, 2002
  2. trdrmac

trdrmac

#62     Aug 7, 2002
  3. publias,

I've previously given my per day average--YTD . $512 was yesterday's performance. Today: I started with $33, 767 and made $678 after commish. That would be roughly 2%. I'm gettin' better. LOL! The point is, 1% consistently is very attainable. Good luck to you.

#63     Aug 7, 2002