1 minute CBIO chart from 28 March 2017

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Splat, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Splat

Splat

Hi All,
    I'm getting a massive spike on the 5th 1 minute bar on CBIO from yesterday and Kinetick, the data vendor I am using is refusing to acknowledge the problem saying they have checked and the data seems fine. I have checked with Tradestation and another vendor and there is no spike.
    Could someone please kindly post a chart, in particular, of the first few minutes so that I can check? I would especially be interested in Esignal.
    Thanks,
    Splat

2. Max E.

Max E.

Its a late or out of market print i was long CBIO yesterday there was no pull back for much more than a buck the whole ride up.

3. Splat

Splat

Thanks Max. I looked at the tick data on Kinetick and I can see a couple of prints at the low. The thing that confused me is that Tradestation doesnt seem to have the same lows, even now.

4. Max E.

Max E.

Here is my chart, think i bought just under 8 added once, then sold just over 12 on average, but I remember thinking to myself it met all the criteria of a stock that was going to go vertical and punish the shorts, small float, shitloads of volume, and parabolic over every single previous resistance level, in hindsight an obvious parabolic stock, remembered thinking to myself i should have just set a 1 dollar trailing stop on it and been wiling to lose a buck, watched it all the way to 17 and never got a pullback to re-enter, typical low floater short squeeze.

Some charting software is better than others at filtering out of market prints, but you might be able to find something in your software to do it.

Hope this helps cheers.

5. Splat

Splat

Nice trading! ~$4 is good profits! What data feed/broker is that ?

6. Splat

Splat

BTW did u just capture that chart now or is it from yesterday? Wondering as it doesnt have the spike on it.

7. Max E.

Max E.

Im trading on DAS trader pro, they have really good charting software, as well as VWAP which is the only indicator i use, you can also calculate premarket VWAP which is really useful these days cause half of the action in the market now happens in the 2 hours before the market even opens, but i hate using point and click to enter orders, their hot keys suck, and everywhere i had traded with up until my new place i used Sterling, so i always used hotkeys.

DAS charts are usually pretty good at filtering out of market prints so it doesnt fuck up a chart, although sometimes the pink sheet charts get pretty garbled up.

I just took the screen shot of the chart today, so i cant be 100% sure, but i dont remember seeing any big bar like what you got i know cause that would have caused me to lose my shit for a second, and thought it was a halt or something, so i dont think it showed the print you are showing at the time either.

Hooter likes this.
  8. Splat

Splat

OK Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

9. Max E.

Max E.

no worries, any time. Good trading to you! :D