1 min vs 3 min

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michael21, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Hey guys...

What do you think?

Right now I'm using 1 min so I'm getting more "get ins" but also more fake ones...On the other hand the risk should in theory be lower because the higher the time frame the more I have to be willing to risk to lose meaning a 3 tick win vs 2 tick loss in 1 min or 6 tick and 4 tick in 3 min...what do you guys think?

2. rosy2

rosy2

what product? what type of trading is this? 3ticks ... is this a retail account ... forget it.

3. Visaria

Visaria

Trade for big gains, not for 3 ticks lol.

4. Argent

Argent

One minute is good. One second is better.

5. Bakinec

Bakinec

mike, are you trying to get some sort of validation? because you'll find people here, who successfully trade any time frame from milliseconds to months. for your situation, you should be using a time frame that you're comfortable with, i.e. that is compatible with your risk tolerance.

6. Too much random noise at 1min time frame. Trends are more easily defined and detected above 5 minutes, Im just telling you from years of experience.

7. bone

bone

You will burn through all of your capital.

You can be the world's greatest scalper, and you will burn through all of your capital - only more slowly.

8. bone

bone

Given where markets have progressed in terms of technology and access - please stop trading now.

Take what is left of your account and do something else.