1 Min Charts, any use of them at all???!!

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by donaldduck3419, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Esignal is such a "resource hog"; I mean it sucks up so much memory and cpu processing power especially if you use multiple charts at the same time.

I use several 1 minute or smaller time frame charts. Kinda like Elder's triple screen approach for signal confirmations.

#21     Apr 25, 2003
  2. Yes, down to .03 minute charts. They also have tick charts...

#22     Apr 25, 2003
  3. QuoteTracker also has premarket charts. I am starting to sound like I work for the Medved's... :D

#23     Apr 25, 2003
  4. version77

Thanks for the info.

#24     Apr 25, 2003
  5. Peri

Peri

I'm curious how you determined to use a 14 period? I've never used CCI and would like to hear your thought. Thanks.

#25     Apr 25, 2003
  6. I am trading using woodie's 14 CCI and 6 (turbo) CCI on a 3,5,13 min chart. I first looked at the 1 min setup for the NQ after trying Jack Hershey's rocket trades using the 14,1,3 stochastic on a 1 min. I wanted to see how the CCI reacted with the same period as my stochastic. I liked what I saw and noticed that zero line crosses with the trend on the CCI was a strong entry signal and a lot earlier than the Jacks 14,1,3 stoch. entries. my goal was to find the trend early and get in with a signal that did not take much thinking. The zero line on the CCI is a very important area. I also use the 25 least square MA and the 34 EMA on a 3, 5, 13 chart. I draw my trend lines on the CCI and channels on the price. The 34 ema on a 3 min is a great way to see if a trend exists. if the 34 EMA is flat you are going nowhere. I will post some more Info later about my macd settings on my 1 min. and some other stuff ( kids pulling on my arm) :)

#26     Apr 27, 2003
  7. I use macd 5,13,6 on my 5 min chart for trend strength conformation for my 1 min CCI cross trades. The histogram on the 5 min macd must be near .35 or greater for the best results. I am still testing these trades in less trending markets. Happy trading all

#27     Apr 28, 2003
  8. Trading systems with entry/exit signals that are moving average based are not good candidates for 1 minute data. One minute data is too choppy.

#28     Apr 28, 2003