$1 million lottery ticket for sale

Discussion in 'Trading' started by austinp, Jan 21, 2007.

1. on the newcomer?

#51     Jan 21, 2007
  2. <i>"It is obviously a joke, but nonetheless, still fun to do a 'what if'. Someone obviously was in a class and the professor (probrably finance!) aske their students about this kind of situation. Like I said before, this is just a good exercise in present value of annuities and nothing else."</i>

Wrong <b>ass</b> u mption. As usual, ET vocals doubt everything posted in here except the "I blew out, I suck, I quit, I'm toast" threads.

I know, I know, nobody makes any money trading, everything else is all lies, everyone is out to get you, etc. Why even visit this forum at all? Everything is just b.s., right?

To the several people who PM'd with serious interest = offers, I will pass on your info to the ticket holder tomorrow.

He is actually a distant cousin to Holly, knows me by face but probably not by name. I live in a town of 1,800 people, news travels fast. Holly's ex-husband called her with the news about one hour after the ticket was scratched. Our regional newspaper is doing a feature article about the whole story this weekend or week ahead.

Thank you to those who inquired with serious interest. A couple of bids are purportedly $300k or slightly greater. I will forward contact info & details tomorrow (Monday) as noted earlier.

Best Wishes

#52     Jan 21, 2007
  3. ass uming the ticket is for real, I offer you $400k. How is that. I won't be too worried about ever having to fork over that amount, as I would rather bet on the fact that the whole story was b.s.

Better yet, if you do show me the ticket, I will have to tell you I just found out, I am terminally ill too. Ha Ha Ha....

#53     Jan 21, 2007
  4. <b>Traderich</b>, if you are serious as I presume everyone here is, you just bought yourself a winning ticket. Congratulations! Your bid is by far the best, and exactly what Wayne is hoping for.

No sweat verifying the ticket's authenticity thru New York State... already been done. It is 100% legit. Why in the world would anyone doubt what I've posted here? I for damn sure wouldn't waste my time with something that's anything but 100% factual.

People, I know the man who bought = holds the ticket. Holly's mom is his cousin, She knows his family, I know the cashier & store owner he bought the ticket from, the whole town (1,800 people) plus surrounding towns know everyone's everything... get the picture?

There ain't an ounce of bluff in me. I sure hope no one expects to call me here. Won't happen, so please don't waste anyone's time unless you are serious.

Please PM me with your contact info, and Wayne will be in touch with you tomorrow.

See you then

#54     Jan 21, 2007
  5. yea ok aus,

You are so full of schitt your eyes are turning brown. Funny how you say my 400k is by far the best offer you got! Yea, cuz you are so full of crap.

Let me talk to a friend of a friend that I have never met and see if he wants to talk to your friend of a friend who has this deal that is so good that I found it on the internet.

Are you sure this friend of a friend isn't from Nigeria ? Lmao.

#55     Jan 21, 2007
  6. There you go rich! The ticket is all yours.

... I hope Austin realizes that the chance of actually collecting based on this post is about .00001%

#56     Jan 21, 2007
  7. of course he does. It was just a joke and he knows it.

Secondly, asking for 400k for an annuity of 50k/year for 20 years is way too high.

Have you ever noticed that all the Powerball winners take the lump sum payment?

The reason is simple. That lump sum invested in very conservative investments will easily bring in more money than the annuity the lottery is offering.

#57     Jan 21, 2007
  8. Once again you are showing your ignorance. Paying $400,000 yields a 12.85% return. So, please tell us what "conservative" investment you know of is going to yield greater than 12.85%/annum for 20 years with no virtually no risk?

#58     Jan 21, 2007
  9. you are very ignorant to say that paying 400k pays 12.85%.

You don't even understand how an annuity works bozo.

I would be paying him 400k for the annuity which pays 50k/year for 20 years.

I could take my 400k, invest it and easily earn 6% compounded annually for 20 years and have 1.2 mil.

5% is just over 1 mil.
    12.85% annually on my 400k would yield me 4 mil.

I guess this is why the Nigerian scam works so well in the US. There are some dumb fockers in this country, not to mention ET.

#59     Jan 21, 2007
  10. You invest the 50K/year jackass. You don't stick it under your mattress.

#60     Jan 21, 2007