$1 million lottery ticket for sale

Discussion in 'Trading' started by austinp, Jan 21, 2007.

1. How would the taxes on something like this work out?

I'd pay 300K for it if the taxes were favorable on my end.

#121     Apr 1, 2007
  2. Woz2000

Woz2000

RIP

#122     Apr 25, 2007
  3. Wayne passed away Monday, 4/23 while at the doctor's office. He was suffering from fluid retention as his lungs faltered and heart was weakened from years of smoking, drinking, poor diet and nil exercise.

Wayne had congestive heart failure right there at the VA hospital, with orders in place not to attempt revival should such an event happen.

Prior to his death, Wayne collected his first lottery payment, married his long-time girlfriend and turned over various business assets to family & friends. His affairs were in the best order possible under such circumstances.

A good friend of mine was also close friends with Wayne. On their last visit together, Wayne reflected back on his life and regretted not doing more things. He always wanted to take hunting and fishing trips out west, in Canada and elsewhere. He planned to travel and see some sights, someday. For him, someday never came.

Wayne was a blue-collar worker his whole life, worked every day and seldom took any time off to smell the proverbial roses. How many of us slip into that trap? Most people gravitate towards investing and/or trading as a means to the end... a source of income to support active, productive lifestyles. Would you agree?

Too often we become addicted to charts, news and in some cases chatrooms. Our lives become focused on and centered on financial market action, oblivious to a diverse and wondrous world spinning around us. Sometimes we need to step back, refocus our purpose for trading and what it means to our lives.

We all expect to see a ripe old age. No one expects to die young, to leave this world too soon. Sadly, each day countless people just like Wayne will not see a tomorrow. Gentle reminder to enjoy & appreciate our fleeting time here on earth.

Treat others as you deserve to be treated, with consideration and respect. Wayne always treaded everyone like a long-lost friend. He never amounted to much at all, if measured by a standard of accumulated material wealth. That said, the calling hours and funeral procession will overflow any space available with many people who are genuinely sad to see him gone.

God bless you Wayne, and all the others who share a similar fate. Rest In Peace

#123     Apr 25, 2007
  4. Dont know the guy but know the situation, sad thing to see, RIP.

I dont care how much much money you make a day, 10k or 50k, enjoy your family, your kids, your wife, you never know when you wont see them again.

I get caught up in the crap all the time and forget about the loved ones, then once I realise it, I feel like shit.

Some days being a trader just isnt worth it.

#124     Apr 25, 2007
  5. RIP.

People are born the they suffer and then die.

RIP

#125     Apr 26, 2007
  6. <i>People are born then they suffer and then die.</i>

addendum: Wayne's funeral was today, in the largest gathering this town's Catholic church ever recalls seeing. People filled the spacious building, and the crowd's overflow spilled out to the walkway in front.

It was repeated over and over again how Wayne always had a smile on his face when greeting someone, and treated everyone like a good friend. I cannot recall ever seeing Wayne angry, and will always remember him as someone who enjoyed himself in the moment right where he was.

One of Wayne's sideline ventures was catering chicken barbecues. His chicken with its secret sauce was hands down the best I've ever had north of Memphis, and I seldom pass a barbecue spread on any given weekend spring thru fall. I for one will miss Wayne, his ready smile and NY's best chicken every Sunday afternoon.

Amidst the suffering & dying here on earth, there's a lot of living to be done, too. Time spent treating others around us with civility, respect and a smile does have its reward right then, and ultimately in the end.

Please take a moment to say some nice words toward someone this weekend. That tiny gesture will be sure to make at least two people feel much better about themselves, now and in the future.

#126     Apr 27, 2007
  7. redwagon

redwagon

Quote from traderich:

"yea ok aus,

You are so full of schitt your eyes are turning brown. Funny how you say my 400k is by far the best offer you got! Yea, cuz you are so full of crap.

Let me talk to a friend of a friend that I have never met and see if he wants to talk to your friend of a friend who has this deal that is so good that I found it on the internet.

Are you sure this friend of a friend isn't from Nigeria ? Lmao."

Ok, traderich, where is the apology for you acting like a jacka$$?

#127     Apr 28, 2007
  8. Please take a moment to say some nice words toward someone this weekend. That tiny gesture will be sure to make at least two people feel much better about themselves, now and in the future. [/B][/QUOTE]

Consider it done. As for your friend, he is probably in a better place, may he rest in peace.

#128     Apr 30, 2007
  9. An Old English Proverb:

One Bird(400K) in Hand is better than Two Birds in the bush(1000K in 20 years).

#129     May 5, 2007