$1 million Gold Bet

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Covertibility, Apr 3, 2008.

1. this guy should put his money where his mouth is

He does put his money on the line.
    Send him an email and ask him!

He is one of the few who walks the walk.

Edit

To contact Jim Sinclair:
    ****JIM IS NOT ACCEPTING EMAIL QUESTIONS AT THIS TIME. IF YOU HAVE AN URGENT INQUIRY THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED ELSEWHERE YOU CAN CALL HIM DIRECT AT 1-860-364-1830
    Fax him at 860-364-0673

#21     Apr 3, 2008
  2. Actually no. I was long up to 1000, where I took profit. However, I caught a long on a bounce back from 935 that - once it broke 900, I took a mediocre loss on, unfortunately.

So, wrong again!

#22     Apr 3, 2008
  3. No you won't. You'll argue the fundamental reason until you're blue in the face. But I'll try anyway:

The Fed is near the bottom of their easing cycle. As soon as they're done easing, the dollar will see a sizable bounce (if not before). When it does, commodities - which are all holding long speculative funds because of a weak dollar - will begin to wane. Speculative funds (not gold bugs) will bail and take profits, forcing a down move. This will, in turn, ease inflation on oil and other commodities. Right about this time, the EZ will begin to see more bank write downs and lower economic data. Because inflation begins to wane, the ECB will begin talking about the risks to the downside. The market will see that as possible cuts coming and sell the Euro, buy the dollar. That will reinforce this cycle and commodities will begin to sag.

There.

#23     Apr 3, 2008
  4. Actually no. I was long up to 1000, where I took profit. However, I caught a long on a bounce back from 935 that - once it broke 900, I took a mediocre loss on, unfortunately.

So, wrong again!

Ivanovich
    Pat yourself on the back
    Your Great! I wish you success moving forward.
    :p

Back to trading for me, I will not get caught up in this back and forth on ET:D

#24     Apr 3, 2008
  5. Great, I win! :)

#25     Apr 3, 2008
  6. this guy is just grandstanding. no person with a million to risk is going to make a side bet like that when they could take a view in the market. the only thing that this guys challenge shows, is that he has no idea about gold's near and intermediate term direction. if he really wanted to put his money where his mouth is, he could do it right now instead of waiting for someone to take the other side of that bet. and the call isn't some kind of revelation

#26     Apr 3, 2008
  7. Quote from
    pcdunham

this guy is just grandstanding. no person with a million to risk is going to make a side bet like that when they could take a view in the market. the only thing that this guys challenge shows, is that he has no idea about gold's near and intermediate term direction. if he really wanted to put his money where his mouth is, he could do it right now instead of waiting for someone to take the other side of that bet. and the call isn't some kind of revelation

We have another Winnerrrrr
    Congratulations, you win!!!
    Step right up and collect your prize.

#27     Apr 3, 2008
  8. You want to know when the top in gold is...when you pick up your newspaper and the lead story and accompanying picture are showing people lined up around the block at currency exchanges to buy it. IMO that is a ways away yet, there is still way too much disbelief.

Gold has been money for all recorded human history and it will continue to be...it has just been asleep for a time while we play with our printing presses.

#28     Apr 3, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

all these guys are not going broke. they didn't spend their hundreds of millions in earnings.

#29     Apr 3, 2008
  10. The winner prize for the 2 winners

[​IMG]

Enjoy:D

#30     Apr 3, 2008