$1 million Gold Bet

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Covertibility, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

yeah, the same analysis that made you say oil would never see $79 again

#11     Apr 3, 2008
  2. So you've been in the green in a raging bull market? I'm not sure I can be impressed any more than I can be impressed by all those fund managers who have made billions over the last few years on equities on an equity run up. All of those guys are going broke now.

Are you going to follow?

#12     Apr 3, 2008
  3. PaulRon

PaulRon

The gold bears offer no <b>fundamental</b> reason for a top.
    If any gold bear has a fundamental reason for gold to go down please state your case but claiming it's a top for technical reasons is not going to fly.

#13     Apr 3, 2008
  4. I think you'd be happier on kitco's message forum, or goldismoney. There's a lunatic there named "Axstone". He'd be your best buddy.

#14     Apr 3, 2008
  5. lescor

lescor

No opinion on the guy's call, but that is an attitude in trading that will eventually catch up with you and get your ass in trouble. No one knows what is going to happen in any market. To operate with the conviction that you know what will happen means that you have ruled out the possibility of being wrong. If you cannot be wrong, then there is no prospect of losing money. No chance of losing money means you don't need a stop and you don't need to limit your bet size. Dangerous path to head down...

#15     Apr 3, 2008
  6. So you've been in the green in a raging bull market? I'm not sure I can be impressed any more than I can be impressed by all those fund managers who have made billions over the last few years on equities on an equity run up. All of those guys are going broke now.

Are you going to follow?

I am not asking for you to be impressed!

Nor do I care what you think:eek:

#16     Apr 3, 2008
  7. How fantastic for you. But when you post on a public message forum with a silly statement like that, expect someone to respond. Whether you like it or not.

#17     Apr 3, 2008
  8. How fantastic for you. But when you post on a public message forum with a silly statement like that, expect someone to respond. Whether you like it or not.

Silly you! I bet you watched the whole move up :eek:

Now that is silly!

#18     Apr 3, 2008
  9. PaulRon

PaulRon

I appreciate the condescending response but ironically enough I don't believe you can fundamentally justify lower gold... let's hear it and I'll shut up

#19     Apr 3, 2008
  10. what is the point of this guy saying this? wtf is the point of betting on a market outside of the market? he could make much more money using that million to leverage up a gold position. this guy should put his money where his mouth is

#20     Apr 3, 2008