1 In Every 6 Americans Are On Food Stamps

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 11, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

What's the other half?

#21     Mar 13, 2013
  2. hughb

hughb

It's not just SNAP. Look at disability numbers, they are exploding as well. It goes to show that an entire nation's culture can be affected by it's elected leaders. Compare now to the 80's when Reagan was in office. I was born in 1965, so I hit the workforce right about the time the Reagan revolution was happening, even though I lived in rural Appalachia in 1983 when I left high school. Back then, signing up for government benefits was for bums. Today, everybody is told they are entitled to their, well, entitlements. Back in 1985 I was an enlisted sailor on a navy destroyer, and it was not uncommon to see even enlisted people carrying a Wall Street Journal under their arm, trying to find and edge or even just any way to get ahead and be successful. Today, I work in a distribution center for Frito Lay snacks with a crew of about 15 people. Right now we have 4 people out on disability (5 if you count the guy who had been gone for 2 years now). About a month ago I ran into someone I hadn't seen for about 15 years. We got together for drinks and he was literally pounding the table and yelling how he had earned all of the entitlements he was receiving, including a check for PTSD which he claims he has from a one week combat operation back in 1988 (even though he was under hostile fire for only one day).

The culture has changed. One of Obama's selling points during his reelection campaign was how he saved corporations by giving them government money. Another was how he is going to make the successful and productive pay their fair share (even though they already pay nearly all the income taxes that are paid to the treasury).

CNN did a story about the Reagan years compared to the Obama years. they made no mention of the explosion of people on the government dole today. I posted the article on facebook, but I went back and compared the numbers of people getting their "entitlements" during the Reagan and Obama years and included it as a comment. I did not get single like on that posting. 30 years ago "getting yours" meant getting up early, staying up late, and working harder than everyone else. Today it means signing up for your entitlements.

#22     Mar 13, 2013
  3. Trolling.Post has nothing to do with politics and only making insults

#23     Mar 13, 2013
  4. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-AnuDkXlX0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#24     Mar 13, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

He's keeping it a secret, apparently he's not too proud of it.

#25     Mar 13, 2013
  6. I wonder if i qualify for food stamps?
    (blackface)
    Hey,I think I just found a good use for that black shoe polish I formerly used on my work shoes.
    yeah that's the ticket, :D :D

#26     Mar 13, 2013
  7. I've stated what I am numerous times on here luke.As usual your trolling and insults have taken the discussion off politics

#27     Mar 13, 2013
  8. black italian liberal dipshit

#28     Mar 13, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

#29     Mar 13, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Has it occurred to you yet son that repeating this silliness Ad nauseam isn't accomplishing anything?

Seriously.

#30     Mar 13, 2013