1 In Every 6 Americans Are On Food Stamps

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 11, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

This must be Obama's version of The Great Society.

On Friday, the United States Department of Agriculture quietly released new statistics related to the food stamps program, officially known as SNAP (the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). The numbers reveal, in 2012, the food stamps program was the biggest it's ever been, with an average of 46,609,072 people on the program every month of last year. 47,791,996 people were on the program in the month of December 2012.

The state with the highest average number of participants per month in 2012 was Texas, with an astonishing 4,038,440 folks drawing from the program (illegal mexican families, of course). The second highest is California, with 3,964,221 (more illegal mexicans), and then Florida, at 3,353,064 (illegals from all over).

Washington, D.C., with an estimated population of 617,996, had an average of 141,147 participants. Meaning, roughly 23 percent of folks living in D.C. are on food stamps, according to the numbers provided by the federal government. The participation rate in Texas, which has an estimated population of 26,059,203, 15.5 percent.

The state with the lowest number of participants in the program was Wyoming, with 34,347 out an estimated population of 576,412.

Over the weekend, Senator Jeff Sessions, the top Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, said that the Obama administration is encouraging growth in the food stamps program as a way to stimulate the economy.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/46609072-people-food-stamps-2012_706745.html

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

3. pspr

pspr

That reinforces the belief that Obama is moving people out of the workforce and on to food stamps and various other welfare programs. It's unsustainable but he shows no desire to change direction.

If anyone thinks this isn't contributing to the destruction of America, they are delusional.

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Delusional like our resident "fiscal conservative" AK47?

5. Uhmnnnn.. going to do my best liberal impression.

"Don't blame the victim."

6. It's Bush's fault.

7. pspr

pspr

I thought you and I were the victims!!! We are the ones being robbed! :confused:

8. Hey...:D

I see you still aren't getting the message.

(Time for my bigger and better liberal hat)

Uhmnnnnn.. so you suggest "stigma, hostility and negative public opinion" for those lazy mofo's who collect food stamps?

(Dang, I can't say it right)

beat me rape me make me write bad checks, "I'm not a victim".

phewwwww.....I said it...

..:D

9. wjk

wjk

Allow me to quote O man's biggest one man cheerleading unit.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

An acquaintance emailed me a map showing several states that supposedly have more people on welfare than what are employed.

I find that a little hard to believe though.

#10     Mar 11, 2013