1 in every 12 gay men in London has HIV

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Unprotected sex leads to rise in gay men in UK contracting HIV
    One in 20 men who have sex with men in the UK now have HIV, with unsafe sex among gay men also having increased

Saturday 16 February 2013 11.35 GMT

The number of gay and bisexual men contracting HIV rose over the past 20 years because of an increase in numbers having unprotected sex, researchers have found.

The number of UK men who have sex with men and having intercourse without a condom rose by 26% between 1990 and 2010, the study by the Health Protection Agency (HPA) and University College London showed.

The HPA said one in 20 men who have sex with men in the UK now had HIV, with the figure rising to nearly one in 12 in London.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/feb/16/unprotected-sex-rise-gay-men-hiv

2. pspr

pspr

Thinning of the herd. It's natural selection. :D

3. Something tells me socialized medicine and HIV don't mix well together.

4. A bear shits in the woods.

Ya got me, how is this even news? What do you want me to do?

In other news:

"Todd, I think I've got AIDS!"

"WHAT," says Todd,

"I'm only joking. I just like the way your ass tightens when I say it."

5. There should be a ban on the development and production of anti-retroviral drugs. No mercy for the victims of Sodom's disease.

6. oh I dunno, victims of rotavirus's and childhood leukemia might object to that.

7. Mercor

Mercor

If this were any other disease or virus there would be a quarantine in these neighborhoods.

8. People with it are living longer.

9. pspr

pspr

Someone needs to invent a "pecker lock." Sort of like a boot police put on cars. Any man diagnosed with HIV gets a pecker lock put on him. :D