1 in 2 new graduates are jobless or underemployed

Discussion in 'Economics' started by flipside21, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Why did you vote for Obama?

#21     Apr 30, 2012
  2. Jgills

Jgills

Unfortunately, i didn't vote. I went to school in Hawaii and didn't transfer my voting right over from NY, or whatever the proper terminology is.

#22     Apr 30, 2012
  3. the only loans they are going to help out are the stafford (sp?) loans that are subsidized for poor people. i feel bad for all the people who didn't get a real major in school- i'm telling my little brother to do engineering, physics, chemistry or math.

#23     Apr 30, 2012
  4. Jgills

Jgills

from my understanding everyone has access to stafford loans. There are limits on the amount you can take for both the subsidized and unsubsidized. i believe the limits are $2500 each, i can check my loans, but i don't think its that important. i don't necessarily think stafford loans are only for "poor" people, but either way, consider me poor if you would like- lol

#24     Apr 30, 2012
  5. maybe i'm wrong about that- but my wife's outstanding grad school loans less than 10% are stafford- which is the real point i was trying to make.... this is simply going for headlines it isn't really going to help out all that much for anyone who is deeply indebted from school. if you only have 10k in loans you aren't in that bad of shape to begin with.

#25     Apr 30, 2012
  6. Jgills

Jgills

oh you're right about the % of total loans. Only about 10-20% of mine are stafford as well, but that is because of the limits the set on how much in stafford I can take. That limit could be dependent on the families financial status.

I am pretty well indebted. I have about 60-70k, thankfully my parents are helping me with ~half and I have a pretty solid job.

#26     Apr 30, 2012
  7. 1. work hard and do well on ACT or SAT
    2. take AP classes
    3. volunteer
    4. Get into top-25 University or College

----

maybe meet a girl/guy
    party a little bit
    enjoy freedom for maybe first time
    take some useless core classes
    talk about solving the world's problems
    maybe take 5 years

----

get a job, or not. realize looking for work is horrible
    realize working can be bad and make you a sheep
    make you a capitalist
    get rid of all thoughts of helping anyone, since doesn't pay much
    maybe consider traveling

----

grad school.
    maybe marriage and kids

-----

and now the gov't really owns you. married, hopefully kids, and tons of debt.

----

after grad school, i still owe 3k. sure, it's not much.

i gotta a little lucky

#27     Apr 30, 2012
  8. TedTiger

TedTiger

Obama's 13 year-old daughter took two jets and 25 secret service men and 12 other girls to go to Mexico for a birthday party?

#28     May 1, 2012
  9. " Spring break " in Oaxaca Mexico, on your dime.

She took two jets and 25 secret service men.

A thirteen year-old.

The Obama Administration has had the Secret Service scouring the web
    ordering that any website mentioning this be taken down because letting the travel plans out could endanger the president's daughter's security.

Nonsense, the "royal couple" just want to hide the way they are ripping off the U. S. taxpayer

The Obama's are laughing at the "suckers" who are funding their Imperial Lifestyle.

playing thru..........

s

#29     May 1, 2012
  10. Odumbo and family have no respect for tax payers.

He sees American citizens as "here to provide for his pleasure".

And the 50% of non-Federal-Income-Tax-paying parasites (who will likely reelect him for another 4 years of abuse) don't have any problem with his profligate spending. After all, THEY are not the ones paying for it.

Despicable!

:mad:

#30     May 1, 2012