1 in 100 U.S. Adults Behind Bars, New Study Says

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bat1, Feb 28, 2008.

1. There are no jobs for felons. The jobs available for other less offenders, the employers should expect liability concerns.

We need programs for juvenile offenders before they commit "serious"
    crimes and adult law takes over.

Stay tuned for... The New and Improved Study - 2 adults behind bars.

#21     Feb 29, 2008
  2. AK100

AK100

Where you a 'shot caller' or did they pimp you out :D :D

#22     Feb 29, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

not when he is coming from "AMOR DE REY"..... "they dont die they multiply"

p.s. my bro has been in since 1993....poor kid...he got hit with the 3 strikes ....peace

#23     Feb 29, 2008
  4. Do you have any numbers, statistics at hand on which you are basing your statement ?

Of course, it depends on the type of crime when comparing different countries' crime rates with each other, but my view is that with regard to the rate of homicides per inhabitants, the US CLEARLY stands out among all western / civilized countries...

this is what I just googled up quickly...http://www.travelersdigest.com/global_crime.htm

I'd rather have my wallet stolen in Denmark, Germany etc. a couple of times in my life than being shot at once in the US, lol.

#24     Feb 29, 2008
  5. Can steeling chewing gum three times result in a life sentence ? Is a scenario like this possible...? :eek:

#25     Feb 29, 2008
  6. donnap

donnap

Same here.

But then, I wasn't raised in a war zone with little hope of a decent education or job.

There are always exceptional individuals who manage to raise themselves up and get out of the "ghetto." But for ordinary folks it beats them down and forces them into lifestyles that we consider immoral.

I think that as long as folks are comfortable, they aren't going to be criminals unless they are mentally ill. But take away all of your stuff, live in a crappy area where only a few have any real chance of escape, and you may find yourself making choices out of pure survival.

#26     Feb 29, 2008
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

#27     Feb 29, 2008
  8. 'Cut the balls off' on the first offense would work wonders...

#28     Feb 29, 2008
  9. This gives a good business opportunity:

Start making soaps with wrist straps (so they can't fall on the floor), and offer them to the local jail managers.
    :D

#29     Feb 29, 2008

10. Rereading your post more attentively, I now recognize the irony ( I hope) My bad...I stopped paying attention after reading this unbelievable sentence: "This is why America has by far the lowest crime rate in the civilised world"

So, yes, the harsh punishment American offenders receive is really working great, as anyone can easily see here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_homicide_rate

Note: please compare to western countries...comparisons to Colombia don't count :p

#30     Feb 29, 2008