1 ES trade(daytrade) and get 1-3 points

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Dec 17, 2007.

1. #21     Dec 17, 2007
  2. RL8093

RL8093

Increase,
    I've had you on ignore for some time now due to the repetition of your questions & 'observations'. You keep asking slightly different permutations on the same theme or making 'discoveries' that are anything but... You keep focusing on the points per day or which SIF does xxxx .... Each time you start a thread, you get very good advice (like this from Steve) but refuse to see it.

It's not the points that matter, it's your ability to consistently harvest them. Virtually every profitable trader has put in the time & effort to find an edge that fits them. The instrument that you choose to do this will have more to do with your personality, risk profile and trading method than anyone else's recommendation. The sooner you lose your quest for the 'easy way' from someone else's hard work and start to obsess about your own observations, methods, discipline and listen to the subtle signals that the market constantly sends us, the sooner you will start to see consistent profits build in your account ....

R

#22     Dec 17, 2007
  3. no system on earth will allow you to get 1-3 Es pts in one trade everyday

what happens when you get a loser? you take another trade? what if it loses too?

you best path is to take all setups your system delivers, and overall you should be able to average 1-3 es pts per day.

#23     Dec 17, 2007
  4. Seriously, man... how many threads like this are you going to start? This is about the 15th one. You already know what you need to do. You want something handed to you, and it's not going to happen.

Just get a stake, pick a simple technique from the many available here for free, and start trading. What the hell are you waiting for?

The fact that Steve T. has the patience to repeatedly answer the same question from you is astonishing.

#24     Dec 17, 2007
  5. Well said. If you ask a profitable trader how he does it he will give you answers like, "go with the flow, trade what happens, it ain't about being right, manage risk, lick your wounds and move on.....and so on....." The reason is because trading can't be quantified into something as archaic as buy when the MACD 9 crosses the 26. There isn't a formula because trading is an art but it's only an art that you can develop after 1000's of screen hours.

When I was learning to trade I'd spend 16 hours a day reading charts on the weekends. I'm come upstairs and my wife would hand me the visine. I studied charts til my eye bled and then I went back for more. Then I blew up a bunch of accounts and came back for more yet. Finally, FINALLY, it began to sink it. I was humbled beyond belief. The market took me to my knees many, many times but I just payed attention, and licked my wounds.

I kid you not here.....it really felt like I woke up one day and I just knew how to trade. It felt like it all happened in one day -- with a snap of the fingers. Bam! I was a trader. It didn't happen that way. My eyes had to bleed first and my knees had to get red raw. That's how it happened. It was just the end result of all those YEARS I spent knocking my head against the wall. Now I've made it. You can too but you won't get the answer here on ET because no matter how hard someone tries they can't give you the answer. Some days the market is 1+2=5. Other days it's 1+2=12. You'll only learn to recognize the difference when your eyes start bleeding.

#25     Dec 17, 2007
  6. Increasenow, you've gotten ALOT of GOOD advice here. So now.............no more threads about the same thing ok!

#26     Dec 17, 2007
  7. this has been said by humble ST many times and may seem repetitive but that's the only way to it..

#27     Dec 17, 2007
  8. #28     Dec 17, 2007
  9. This sums it up. Try to average this amount through consistency.:)

#29     Dec 17, 2007
  10. You know, I have been thinking about this.

I would be glad to help you out.

I can think of a simple system you might have success with.

Don't want anything from you. Except that if you can make it work, I'd like to see you help someone else, sort of pay if forward.

Let me know

#30     Dec 17, 2007