1 ES trade(daytrade) and get 1-3 points

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Dec 17, 2007.

1. How am I meant to trade this piece of advice Steve.

In fact, how am I meant to take you seriously.

regards
    f9

#11     Dec 17, 2007
  2. I think this question has been asked ad naseum. personally I think the best answer is whatever method best fits the trader.

#12     Dec 17, 2007
  3. You have to put your own time in and let your own mind see patterns of what works and what doesnt. The ES moves so fast that you have to get to the point where YOU can analyze many things in a fraction of a sec and make a decision of what to do. The only way to get to the point where this is possible is just a shit ton of screen time and observation. There are no shortcuts.

This is as serious an answer as I can give to an honest question.

#13     Dec 17, 2007
  4. Bro, I respect you and read all your posts. You are one of the good guys here. Please dont ruin that :)

#14     Dec 17, 2007
  5. It is all in the wording of your question Señor.

Yes you can take 4 - 12 tics from the ES each and every day, in fact you can take a lot more than that on a per contract basis.

However, you will need to trade several times per day in order to qualify your system. I would suggest a minimum of 8 trades and be absolutely ruthless about any trade that does not move in your anticipated direction.
    Never forget that this is only about money (lots of it) and not about tics. They are purely the vehicle.
    Never forget that your fees are a small portion of one tic.
    And so each and ever tic is sacred.
    To lose a tic is not good.
    To lose two tics is bad.
    Lose three and you will not enter Traders heaven.
    Please remember that one mans noise is another mans Ferrari.
    When someone tells you that your bars are too fast, remind yourself that the market sets the pace not your decision making.
    When you are told that a big account balance is easier to trade than a smaller one then make a mental note to be more careful with your selection of friends.

If you want to trade this way, then firstly you must think this way and only this way.
    Be patient and be ruthless.

regards
    f9

#15     Dec 17, 2007
  6. thanks Steve...I totally agree with you...because I respect the many traders on this board...wisdom seeks clues/insight/princibles etc. from those already successfully trading...

#16     Dec 17, 2007
  7. This is totally serious? I find that hard to believe. Dude, seriously, there are more ways to trade than there are traders. There are 1,000,000,000 different methods to trading. Every trader will give you a different answer. What's my point? You need to stop asking and starting finding what YOUR method is, not what EVERYONE ELSE'S method is.

#17     Dec 17, 2007
  8. There are many pieces to the puzzle here at ET but the only way to solve it is to put the pieces together yourself. Asking others to put it together for you wont really help. In the end, YOU are the one who has to push the buttons and make the decisions. Things have to make sense to YOU.

#18     Dec 17, 2007
  9. All you do is waste peoples time with your stupid questions you are never going to trade just admit it and move on.

#19     Dec 17, 2007
  10. When price goes down buy.

When price goes up sell. :)

#20     Dec 17, 2007