1 ES point a day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by S&P MiniTrader, Jun 3, 2009.

1. It looks like my brain is wired differently since I was born and raised in foreign culture.

I first like to know if my goal can be reached.
    If no, move on to something else.
    If yes, move to the next step (what it takes to get there)

I asked just for the yes/no to clear the first step.
    All the other advice is great but its a bit early in the game.

#51     Jun 4, 2009
  2. Look at charts of the ES...does it move more than 1 pt a day? Yes...then your answer is its possible.

It almost sounds like you want the answer to be no.

#52     Jun 4, 2009
  3. Clear and simple, that the answer I was looking for. Now I can move to the next step.

And no, I will NOT ask you how YOU trade, how YOU do it, I will work on it by myself.

Many thanks.

#53     Jun 4, 2009
  4. If you can find an edge you may be able to average 1 ES point a day, but I doubt that it can me done if you arbitrarily cut out of a trade because it has made 1 point. Some days you might catch a strong trend and make 10 points, other days you may lose a few points.

#54     Jun 4, 2009
  5. Agree with your concept. That why I said before that what I really looking for is: 1 point a day or 5 a week or 20 a month, can it be done.

#55     Jun 4, 2009
  6. This is something you either will learn from your own experience (which will take a ton of time) or hopefully are bright enough to realize this after several had mentioned it but....shooting for a "goal" in terms of points or profits BEFORE you have a proven method is a terrible way to go about it. Once you learn what you are doing and have developed positive expectancy, then you'll be free to trade the mkts for what they OFFER and not the arbitrary goals in which you SEEK

#56     Jun 4, 2009
  7. Thank you for your points. It will serve me greatly at the next phase.

#57     Jun 4, 2009
  8. ok why is everybody saying its practically impossible to avg one pt a day. Im sure there are many people who do just that. (<100 due to slippage) i recommend u look at this issue of stock and commodities magazine. there is an article of a 24 yr old kid who trades for a living. runs his own prop desk at that. yet i bet if that kid came on et everyone would have told him hes nuts and to get a real job. had he even dared asking about starting a prop firm he would have been flammed to the max. yet now i would wager to say he banks more than 90% of the traders on this board. trades the es too. so that makes futures traders dont make it myth as false. (im sure someone wants to say that) op everyone is going to try and tell u it cant be done. that should be all the motivation u need to prove these fools wrong.

#58     Jun 4, 2009
  9. Amangod

Amangod

It's a naive question.. you talk about profitabilty first.. and your edge determines that profit

To pluck an arbitrary number out of the air because it seems easy to achieve is juvenile

#59     Jun 4, 2009
  10. Thanks. I really do not look to "prove these fools wrong" but just to make my bank manager smile big time whenever I come in to deposit the weekly check from the broker.

#60     Jun 4, 2009