1 ES point a day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by S&P MiniTrader, Jun 3, 2009.

1. GTS

GTS

So your post boils down to these questions?

Does a 1 pt ES move equal $50?
    Is $50/$500 = 10%?
    Does a 10% x 20 = 200%

Is that really all you wanted to know?

#41     Jun 4, 2009
  2. I look at it from the goal/math issue first.
    You are right, 1 point a day or 5 points a week or 20 points a month will get the same end results.

If it can be done, the next step is the how with right r/r and less exposure time during open trades. (sort time trade=less exposure)

#42     Jun 4, 2009
  3. I am sure you know that for this level of math I do not need your help...

The Q. was if it can be done (and not if it is easy, how long I need to work on a model, best rr etc.).

#43     Jun 4, 2009
  4. GTS

GTS

Its also possible to play golf at the level of Tiger Woods but I wouldn't suggest that you plan on accomplishing that just because its "possible".

#44     Jun 4, 2009
  5. I get your point.

So 50 years ago it was "possible" to fly and land on the moon but you would not suggest to plan on accomplishing it.....

With this kind of attitude the we would still live in caves....

In NY subway we have a lottery game ad" It just a dollard and a dream". And every week there is this one person that DID TRY TO ACCOMPLISH his/her dream and WON.

BUT, if you do not buy the ticket (the minimum requirement to try to accomplish your dream, putting in the work nessesery to have a chance) do not look for getting anywhere close to be a winner.

#45     Jun 4, 2009
  6. GTS

GTS

As far as I know, a single man did not accomplish that goal so if 50 years ago you had said that YOU were going to land on the moon my advice would have been the same (good luck).

Also your goal is completely dissimilar to doing something that no one had done before (landing on the moon) - you will be competing against others in a zero-sum game. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Its great to be optimistic but you also need to be realistic about your competition.

Yes, the fact that someone has to win the lottery, no matter how bad the odds are is what they use to prey on dimwitted people in order to entice them to waste their money on lottery tickets.

Interesting that you use this example to support your claim.

#46     Jun 4, 2009
  7. I used it just to get the point that if you do not try- do not look to stand on the winners line. (In anything in life)

(I do not play the lottery. I look into the winning % probebility and to try to use my money on something with better odds such ES)

#47     Jun 4, 2009
  8. Amangod

Amangod

You should probably think about an education before anything else

#48     Jun 4, 2009
  9. Quote from Amangod:

You should probably think about an education before anything else

Why do you say it? To point out that I did not use a spell check? is this the important point here, my spelling?

I realy learn something new every day.

#49     Jun 4, 2009
  10. You are demanding a 'YES' or 'NO' answer to a question that can be answered 'Yes, it is possible'.@And yet you seem to get irritated when the posters are kind enough to take their time to give you valuable advise based on their experience as to the pitfalls that are attached to such a possibility. Rude to say the least.

But maybe you are just doing this to practice using English as a foreign language, just as I am writing this to practice my typing.

#50     Jun 4, 2009