1 ES point a day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by S&P MiniTrader, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Yes, it's possible and no you wont be able to do it consistently. What people fail to realize is that the ES is less about TIMING and more about BEING RIGHT. If you trade long enough, you'll understand this.

2 pt stop....you dont want to know what I do at 2 pts against me :eek:

#11     Jun 3, 2009

2. So i get it that your answer is YES.

To double your money every month, month in and month out, that should be nice. I am not sure that you will beable to trade for long time as there is not so much money available on the other side of the trades for you take.....

#12     Jun 3, 2009
  3. 10 years and counting, full time....

and no you don't keep doubling and doubling and doubling....there ARE liquidity restraints you know

#13     Jun 3, 2009
  4. You add more cars? so your direction in the first place was wrong as I just want to take 1 point and go home.

#14     Jun 3, 2009
  5. how many cars max per trade per click with up to 1 tick slippage?

#15     Jun 3, 2009
  6. I'm not going to reveal exactly what I do, but I def DO NOT use a 2 pt stop.

The best advice I can give you is DON'T aim for some arbitrary goal points wise or $$$ wise. Learn to trade and the money will come.

#16     Jun 3, 2009
  7. The ES does not trade the way you are trying to trade it. You can try all you want to trade it all in with 1 tick slippage but you won't succeed trading it that way. You are not the first to think of this idea and you won't be the last.

But to answer your question, I would say on average you can always buy/sell 200 cars without issue. Sometimes more and sometimes less.

#17     Jun 3, 2009
  8. How do you know which way I am looking for? all what I was taking about is the pure math of taking one point a day,every day.

I did not talk about the tools/startegy/trading model etc to get to this point. (This will come later on...)

#18     Jun 3, 2009
  9. its pretty obvious, you are looking for 1 ES point and day and you are asking how many cars you can take with 1 tick slippage.

Do a search on "Increasenow" (if you aren't him) and you'll see you are two peas in a pod.

#19     Jun 3, 2009

10. No I am not and thanks, I will do the search about him.

#20     Jun 3, 2009