1 ES point a day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by S&P MiniTrader, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Or let us know when you have another math question you want to argue about.

:p

ok, ok...be nice. I know. Stupid kharma.

#101     Jun 4, 2009
  2. just go open an OEC demo account and try it. Take a month and trade every day and see if you can do it.

If not, you've just saved yourself a lot of money.

If so, then you'll be ballin outta control in no time once you start using real money.

If you use OEM live chat support they will add commissions to your demo account.

#102     Jun 4, 2009
  3. I already have an account with a broker that uses NT.

I use the sim part of it for the last 6 months.

I can and able to trade for a 1 point profit a day on the demo with no more than 2 point SL. I am using 3 propriety indicators combined to a trading model I developed 5 years ago while trading options. (No, it is not for sale, no signal service and not getting into the detailes of the strategy)

I have 1-3 trades a day.

Yes it is on the sim account and that why I started this thread. To get people's input of life on a live account for trading ES, something that I never did before.

Thanks again for all your input.

#103     Jun 4, 2009
  4. And since I am UNABLE to do it day in and day out I will have to invest 6 more months/600 hours to keep learning and testing and watching the charts.

Have a great weekend all.

#104     Jun 5, 2009
  5. Amangod

Amangod

[​IMG]

#105     Jun 5, 2009
  6. Love you 2

#106     Jun 5, 2009
  7. check out this thread:

www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164791

there a randomized backtest on the dow e-mini showed a pretty good result (but using a larger holding period for a trade, 10 days max, and a larger profit target), but that was without stops so not really tradable

#107     Jun 5, 2009
  8. bkoo869

bkoo869

In answer to the poster's original question, yes, that's how it works.

Last week, trying a new system, I started with $600 (it was insane, I know from my own experience, but it worked out...this time).

By the end of the week, I was up to $1,500, which is almost 200% profit.

On the other hand, I TRIED 1 point wins and losses for two years, and lost HUNDREDS of points trying to make it work. As other people have pointed out, it all looked so easy on paper, but at least once a week, sometimes more, I hit multiple losses in a row. Scalping does not fit my personality - it requires too much discipline, especially after a string of losses - no, particularly after a string of losses - and I could never stomach jumping back in after getting my ass handed to me 3-4 (and sometimes 5) times in a row.

My new system is more of a trending system, has a set stop loss (2.25 points, moved up if the trade is working), a larger goal (2.75 at first), and, at least in theory, an open-ended gain (never held it for more than 6 points, but I've seen it, real time, go as far as 22 points on a single, beautiful trend).

In theory, my new system is scalable up to maybe 700 contracts per, but in practice, who knows? I've never gone beyond 10 contracts.

#108     Jul 10, 2009
  9. ybforex

ybforex

#109     Jul 12, 2009