1% Correction Day On 1/18/07

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 17, 2007.

1. it could if oil stabilizes and then starts going up---but right now, even with bad weather, it didn`t make the shorts cover their positions yet.

Oil might take that next leg down to the 40`s--and cases can be made for that being good or bad for the markets.

#11     Jan 17, 2007
  2. 15th time might be a charm?
    Good Luck!

#12     Jan 17, 2007
  3. His 15th time was in mid December. He's well into the 20's by now. :D

#13     Jan 17, 2007
  4. it is funny right now...as you have all this money running around trying to figure out where to go.....and every place they try sucks right now. But I just viewed the Nymex home page and all those commodities are in the green (don`t see that lately)!

http://www.nymex.com/index.aspx

commodities could be a refuge of last resort, or an inflation hedge.

#14     Jan 17, 2007
  5. Make that FOUR indices....don't forget our beloved Russell 2000.....it's really gaining steam since the eRL futures have been exploding with volume lately.

#15     Jan 17, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

hahaha, this means buy, there will be no 1% correction tomorrow....

#16     Jan 17, 2007
  7. what a bunch of morons.

#17     Jan 18, 2007
  8. What is the purpose of calling everyone a bunch of morons? Does it make your "Chicken Little" calls easier to sleep on each night?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. Keep picking these tops and one is bound to work out for you.

#18     Jan 18, 2007
  9. When to cover the short is an even harder question, given how many times the bears have been burned.

#19     Jan 18, 2007
  10. Mvic

Mvic

Well today was a start, at least the possibility of going down is still there lol. But with massive options exp tomorrow we could be back making new highs next week. A market as strong as the one we have had recently doesn't break down overnight, it takes a few weeks of buying the dip working less and less before people stop doing it, so like I said today was a start. The reaction to AAPL and IBM and the continuing sell off in OIL make me think that a 5-7% correction is a decent trade here given how cheap puts still are.

True, it is all about the exit. Volume is as good an indicator as I know in that regard.

#20     Jan 18, 2007