1 British Pound = 2.01 U.S. Dollars - 2 For 1 Plasma Screens! Cheap New York Hotels!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 18, 2007.

1. No way.

I wanted to go to London this summer, but Bernanke and Paulson are taking it out of my hide!!!!!!!!

I want the USD to = 2 pound sterling by June.

Make it happen, fed reserve. No $8 Big Macs under Big Ben for me.

#11     Apr 18, 2007
  2. Exactly! :cool:

#12     Apr 18, 2007
  3. Don't forgot about all those IOUs held by U.S. Treasury Note lovers! They're withering away.

#13     Apr 18, 2007
  4. what i find amazing is how everyone things oh my god all the shoppers coming to america to buy. america has more tourists than all europe combined. what about the 10's of millions of people who won't go to europe? its a wash out

#14     Apr 18, 2007
  5. I still am holding on to my £'s because the exchange would not accept them, so I will wait until a better rate comes forth and then exchange the notes when I deem most profitable.

Staying away from the bucket shops,
    Akuma

#15     Apr 18, 2007
  6. The brits and europeans can buy online, too, though.

Shipping expenses from online retailers, even international rates, aren't bad when you're purchasing a 50" Plasma for 50% of what an American is paying for it.

#16     Apr 18, 2007
  7. What are you talking about? Who here said "oh my God all the shoppers coming to America to buy"?

#17     Apr 18, 2007
  8. Mr B

Mr B

if you work near a bank sales desk you'll know that every man and his dog bought dollars today from 2.012 down to 2.005 more so UK clients than Euro based.

no better time to be an estate agent in Florida.

it's the yen we europeans have to worry about - at least there's a reason for a weak dollar.

#18     Apr 18, 2007
  9. dhpar

dhpar

10. Got out on Friday. Not a bad FX trade.

Akuma

#20     Oct 15, 2007