1% a day and MM

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tango29, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Hmmm..."White Trash Trading Co"...Sounds gewd. Probably would give Bright some serious competition!

Gotta go. The "Cops" show is outside and I have to take my shirt off, run outside and start cursing...

#41     Nov 11, 2003
  2. Why only 1%? Why not 100% a day?
    For 250 dollar you can trade 100.000 dollar (EUR/USD). You only need to catch 25 pips, and you have made 100% Well, its not easy, but it can be done - every day.

#42     Nov 12, 2003
  3. tango29

tango29

into news

#43     Nov 12, 2003
  4. tango29

tango29

stp in at b/e for 2nd

#44     Nov 12, 2003
  5. tango29

tango29

wrote down tommorows news releases as todays. Missed similiar morning trades for es and nq as yesterdays. Would have partialed those also in front of what i thought was news release, but wasn't today. Still holding 1 30 yr contract.

#45     Nov 12, 2003
  6. ...bless you for posting again. When you get a sec, would you please explain what you are doing? What news, what the exact instrument is (US is a bond?). What b/e means? I know how stressful it is to post in real time. I even sweated when I was doing my hoax journal.

#46     Nov 12, 2003
  7. tango29

tango29

There are often economic reports at 830 et and 1000 et and it is wise to know when they are and if they in general hold any potential sway with the market. Yes it is the 30yr t-bond today, which I am currently wishing for the purpose of this test I had taken both for 3 ticks each at ^20. I just got stopped at b/e(breakeven) on the 2nd contract which I probably normally would have held for a bounce. So +3 ticks instead so far, which after commissions will ~ $84, so another $70 to go for this. Baruch I'm not into forex or more leverage than I have at this time. In reality I am actually less leveraged than I am in this test account. 1% is arbitrary, sure I'd rather 100%, but this seems very obtainable. 3 es...7.5 nq..5 US...etc, I didn't say easy, but obtainable. Had i been looking at this as just get goal and run today I'd be done, oh well.

#47     Nov 12, 2003
  8. tango29

tango29

as I was posting last reply. Taking both off here at 22. +6 ticks. On to Other trading. That gives a net for today with IB commissions +262.05. Have a good one.

#48     Nov 12, 2003
  9. ...thanks, I thought maybe you were talking about some other news like money supply. I too make some of my bread at the news times you mentioned. It's a bitch getting up here in LA to be ready for the 8:30 news, though!

I'm sure others, as I do, would value some commentary from you on your trade rationale. Since I am such an awful discretionary trader, I would be interested to know your thought processes. For example, are you using indicators and oscillators on your charts? Money flow? What?

#49     Nov 12, 2003
  10. tango29

tango29

intial hold of 107^14 as support. This was the 1st buy at ^17. I normally would not have bailed at ^17 as ^14 was the support, but I did to avoid a possible loss for this account, which was STUPID. As it turned out^17 acted as support also, and I was able to get back in. So now I know I will need to figure out the psychology of this for me, do I take goal and run, or stick to the normal method of trading for me. Crap! All ready a pain in the ---

#50     Nov 12, 2003