1% a day and MM

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tango29, Nov 10, 2003.

1. ...no, man, I suffered from multiple mental orgasms and nearly lost consciousness. I had to exit for 8.5 points before I passed out. Should have waited until 10:30 for the extra 2 points, but I just couldn't make myself do it, in spite of my rules. No discipline. Also another system was flashing a reversal, which I knew was bullshit, and two others were flashing scale in to more shorts, so I just went back to bed. Made me wonder what idiot designed those crummy systems.

BTW, Tango, do you mind us kibbitzing? We can bug off if this bothers you. Your cheering section breathlessly awaits your next post! The other journals are so dull, filled with insufferable braggarts or pathetic losers. We look forward to the novelty of honesty here.

#21     Nov 11, 2003
  2. I concur. But Tango is actually getting free advertising for his thread every time one of us bumps it up to the top of the list.

#22     Nov 11, 2003
  3. tango29

tango29

to me who posts. Not concerned with being at the top of the list other than it makes it easy to find. Just trying soemthing and thought I'd post it to see if anyone cared or was interested. I'm tired of posting thoughts on IB and Jtrader so I thought I'd do this. I have found alot of info on this site useful, and thought I'd add something, don't know how useful it will be, but ...

#23     Nov 11, 2003
  4. ...it's a practical issue. If the moderator perceives that this has deteriorated to non-journal status, and that you are absent, he may choose to close it. I personally am very eager to observe your thought process, even if it is not perfect. It takes big brass ones to truthfully document your trades and your trade logic. I personally cannot do it. Posting will be immensely helpful to you, and will benefit other people who do not think like you do, and who are interested in learning new modes of trading thought.

#24     Nov 11, 2003
  5. I averaged up NQ sales only 3-4 @ 14.18 in first few minutes

but covered them way way too early , then went long avg down
    3-4 NQ and lost my profits :(

#25     Nov 11, 2003
  6. ...if I am following you correctly, you went long the first post-open move, averaging up, sold before the top, and then went long averaging down what looked to you like a retrace after the top?

#26     Nov 11, 2003
  7. bailed out too early

went short after the open

covered too early

went long again too early

bailed out too early

:)

#27     Nov 11, 2003
  8. ..thanks for explaining. Sounds like some of my mornings. What was your rationale for going long overnight? I ask because I haven't got the nerve to hold overnight, even though there's a lot of money in it if you're right. You got a system that works? (Not asking for anything proprietary, jsut if it's possible to do.)

#28     Nov 11, 2003
  9. Thanks for posting Tango. I trade the DAX early in the morn(central time) and then the ES rest of day when I can. Your postings will be very helpful. I am having a lot of trouble with the DAX so may just go to ES all the time.
    Thanks again for having the courage to go live.:)

#29     Nov 11, 2003
  10. ...while we are temporizing waiting for Tango to post, I feel justified in keeping the hits up with a little OT. We can get serious afterward. No one can resist flaming or pumping the author of a journal.

Let me assure you that white trash can indeed learn to trade profitably, and pull themselves up by their bootstraps, assuming they can afford boots. Some of the best traders I know are complete louts, crude, profane, ill-mannered, and totally true to their inbred heritage. One of them is even a famous trading author. They are blessed only with the intense drive to prove that they are not the complete nothings that the world thinks they are.

My mother was born in Arab, Alabama. My father was a Navy chief from Arkansas who didn't finish ninth grade. My first ancestor came to America on a fourteen year double indenture of penal servitude. But look at me now!

I cannot advise you of forex (in my youth that was the brand name of a very fine rubber!), but there are many sincere and credible posters on the forex thread. However, if you can scrape up a little more, there are futures brokers who will let you trade NQ for only $500 initial margin. It would be my great pleasure to mentor you in futures trading. I must warn you, however, that I trade a breathtaking number of contracts for my account size.

Have faith, my son (What was your mother's maiden name? I may have known her.)

Best regards.

#30     Nov 11, 2003