1% a day and MM

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tango29, Nov 10, 2003.

1. tango29

tango29

at44.25 858 east coast time

#11     Nov 11, 2003
  2. ...I'm an NQ player so the questions I ask you about ES may be really stupid. Why did you enter pre-market, and at that particular time? Absent 8:30 ET news I avoid that hour like the plague.

#12     Nov 11, 2003
  3. tango29: Sorry if I have to ask, but are you long or short ES?

hypochondriac: You seem to be the only ET member who believes discretionary trading is BS. I realize there are lots of mechanical traders here, but you are the only one I can think of who believes everyone who does not emulate a robot is an idiot.

#13     Nov 11, 2003
  4. ...the simple fact is that I am jealous of discretionary traders. I tried for years to do it and was an abject failure. In fact from that viewpoint I am the idiot. BTW it was irrelevant to ask him long or short. At that time of days IMO it's random entry.

#14     Nov 11, 2003
  5. tango29

tango29

Whew..too long and into open

#15     Nov 11, 2003
  6. tango29

tango29

the rest will probably be posted later, sorry I know it will all seem after the fact trading. In doing this, I didn't take a mini naz trade also, that would have partialed. Sorry was long on this trade

#16     Nov 11, 2003
  7. You might have a point there. I happened to be long from earlier that morning and just wanted to see if he and I were seeing the same thing or opposites.

#17     Nov 11, 2003
  8. tango29

tango29

after commissions for today. I'll use IB commissions of $4.8 rt, although I am actually lower than that by a little bit. To me I saw a higher low in place, and took it when it made another smaller higher low. My max risk at open was to 1043.25, and I actually tried filling at 44, but moved it up when it wasn't filling. Naz trade was the same idea and would have been good also. Back to trading, before Holiday blues set in.
    P.S. the trade will come 1st..posting a distant 2nd...don't know how chatroom people do it.

#18     Nov 11, 2003
  9. ...but I can't resist telling the longs that I shorted NQ at 9:40:01 at 1417.5. Nice ride down! Tango, keep it up, and tell us in as much detail as you can why you take your trades. After the fact is fine IMO if that allows you to explain better. We'll believe you after the fact on a losing trade! It's those winners we always suspect!

Tango, you brave spirit, where are you getting lower commish than IB, if you don't mind telling?

#19     Nov 11, 2003
  10. Are you still holding?

#20     Nov 11, 2003