1.8% Profit per Day Compounded over 220 Days

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Jan 27, 2018.

1. :). Is there such a thing as NEGATIVE grapes?

#51     Feb 23, 2018
  2. What is the (geometric) average return so far? (CurrentBalance/initialbalance)^(1/n) -1; where n is the number of days.

#52     Feb 23, 2018
  3. expiated

expiated

EURJPYM5.png

I’m back to trading my live account today, with my first trade being to buy EURJPY at about 131.60 and my take-profit target being somewhere around 131.85.

#53     Feb 27, 2018
  4. What is the correlation between EUR/JPY and the equity market? Today was a down day in the stock market.

#54     Feb 27, 2018
  5. expiated

expiated

I have no idea.

#55     Feb 28, 2018
  6. expiated

expiated

EURJPYM15.png

I was obviously stopped out of the first trade I executed. In analyzing why, I came to a decision to modify my approach to a “swing for the fences” style of trading in which I will be aiming for gains of much more than 1.8% per day when the opportunity is there. Unfortunately, today NONE of the eleven currency pairs I follow are set up or structured properly for trading, so the best I could do was take another crack at EURJPY, this time buying it at around 130.25. It’s already in positive territory, so I’m hoping the rate continues to climb so I can exit the position at a profit when it runs into resistance, which I’m anticipating might occur somewhere in the neighborhood 130.56.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    #56     Feb 28, 2018
  7. expiated

expiated

I had to exit a 130.30.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    #57     Feb 28, 2018
  8. expiated

expiated

None of the fifteen currency pairs I follow are structured properly right now for trading, so I’m recording this short video clip to document what happens over the next 24 hours in preparation for altering my trading style from guerrilla trading to “swinging for the fences” in an effort to realize daily profits significantly greater than the 1.8% goal I initially set for myself.

I’m expecting most of these pairs to spend a minimum of the next eight to twelve hours pulling back from their general overall day-to-day trends, so now I’ll be watching to see if this actually happens.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    #58     Mar 1, 2018
  9. Are you rich yet, expiated, from compounding 1.8% every day, o_O

They say Forex is kind of just gambling. -- You should look, maybe, into something else...like trading the broad market, SPY/SPX/ES
    Leverage or options into those, you're now positioned for Prime Time potential,

#59     Mar 1, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  10. expiated

expiated

Was knocked out of EURGBP position shortly after London open. Then shorted EURAUD and locked in 20 pips profit. Reentered position hoping for more gains on anticipated resumption of southbound trajectory.

#60     Mar 1, 2018