1.8 million borrowers will lose their homes this year, up from 1.4 million last year

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 18, 2009.

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/17/AR2009081703035.html?hpid=topnews

Unemployment Spike Compounds Foreclosure Crisis
    [​IMG]
    By Renae Merle
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The country's growing unemployment is overtaking subprime mortgages as the main driver of foreclosures, according to bankers and economists, threatening to send even higher the number of borrowers who will lose their homes and making the foreclosure crisis far more complicated to unwind....

2. Hey BLSH, sounds like capitalist hell! :eek:

3. Indeed, mbs.

Indeed.

4. logikos

logikos

If Washington really wanted to issue a new bailout that would help the people and not their buddies, they would refi all mortgages of those families earning 250K or less to today's market price of the home, and at a small interest rate.. say 1 or 2%.

5. morganist

morganist Guest

in england they used to have mortgage interest relief at source they called it miras. they would write off an increase in mortgage repayments against income tax. they stopped that though.

6. acepowerdrive

acepowerdrive Guest

the homes are bank owned homes,,why keep paying high mortgaga payments to the bank...they can't even afford mortgage payment even if interest rates were 0% . most just walk and rent instead or divorce.

when did the gov't get into the social housing sector. gov't can just build social housing with all the money wasted on bank bailouts etc

all this tax relief and lower property tax discussion...just pass the tax bill to another taxpayer. if people have no jobs not amount of tax relief or interest rates would do much or living in a home beyond their means.

7. Fuck that. Tired of bailing out some people just because they make less than other people.

Either refi across the board at all income levels or don't do anything.

8. I'm i the only one that loves all these bad headlines?

This is creating MASSIVE opportunity.

Wait...wait...I appear to be getting a hard on!

9. Get a room.

10. I think we'd be much better off if "Da Gubmint" had done nothing.

#10     Aug 18, 2009