1/6 is Hispanic. USA unofficially a Latin American Country

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Mar 24, 2011.

1. like any tidal wave of change, you can embrace it and go with the flow, or stand still and get drowned.

#41     Mar 25, 2011
  2. :confused: :confused:

#42     Mar 25, 2011
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

I understand, and agree. Btw, my Grand Father came through Ellis Island from Italy in the late 1920's. He started learning English BEFORE he left Italy. He was fluent in English as soon as he landed on Ellis Island, and only spoke in Italian when he was trying to keep me from hearing something I wasn't supposed to hear. Lol! Well, he also cursed in Italian, but usually that was because of something I did wrong. Lol!!!!

Wish he were alive to tell America how stupid it has gotten. Learn English, or don't function well here. Pretty simple if common sense were common...

#43     Mar 25, 2011
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

In miami you need to learn spanish. Or you might be ordering your meals by pointing at it in the menu.. :D

#44     Mar 25, 2011
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

I was in Deerfield Beach recently, and the spanish menus weren't everywhere. When I drove to Miami, I was stunned! Yes, I agree. If you live in Miami, fluent spanish is a must. Last time I looked at www.zipskinny.com stats on Miami, they hit it at around 95% hispanic.

#45     Mar 25, 2011
  6. I wonder how well you are able to do so. :D :p

#46     Mar 25, 2011
  7. Miami is the Capital of the spanish speaking world. We are proud of that.

It is also a big international place. You find people from all over. I went to a small university called barry university. We represent more than 40 states and over 50 countries.

Cultural diversity is awesome. You learn so much not be an ashole and you develop tolerance and wisdom.

#47     Mar 25, 2011
  8. Wow really? you have to speak Spanish in Miami?

Damn.

#48     Mar 25, 2011