1/6 is Hispanic. USA unofficially a Latin American Country

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Mar 24, 2011.

1. olias

olias

being bi-lingual or multi-lingual is good for the brain.

I won't argue that your point of view is wrong, but why get yourself all worked up over this. I don't think it's something that you can change, so better for your peace of mind to accept it.

#11     Mar 24, 2011
  2. kipster

kipster

the hot ones are all still on the other side.
    the ones here are hardworking tho.
    maybe they'll help the economy somehow...

but yes i do agree that despite being bilingual being good
    for brain, a national language needs to be enforced
    so the hispanic community can be integrated into US society
    versus just living side by side on same soil.

#12     Mar 24, 2011
  3. Yeah, it's really an inconvenience to see two languages and have to figure out which one is English... takes a whole half second!

#13     Mar 24, 2011
  4. Seems as though our melting pot has a big lump that just won't blend in no matter how vigorously we stir...

#14     Mar 24, 2011
  5. Bob111

Bob111

like i said-then be fair to everyone else..i'm russian,home depot! please add russian translation on your signs! i'm offended! i see discrimination in favor of spanish speaking people!
    hey! add some in chineese and hindi too!

#15     Mar 24, 2011
  6. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

I wonder how many are here legally.

#16     Mar 24, 2011
  7. jalee25

jalee25

Jack, is it really so hard ?? Maybe if you speak both languages, you can be faster at reading signs. And if you live in an area where there are more hispanics or latinos (like maybe San Antonio) then I can see where there are many more hispanics living there and it would be your benefit to learn spanish. Remember many latinos are natives mixed with European. The Native Americans were on this land first... then Europeans... then asians, blacks, and others.

#17     Mar 24, 2011
  8. clacy

clacy

What I fear is the way these people will vote in the future. There isn't one Hispanic country that maintains a well functioning, respectable, fair, non-corrupt democracy.

#18     Mar 24, 2011
  9. I am glad to see this come to light. It is very important for any nation to teach their youth at least two languages. Many years ago there was an attempt to have the primary language changed in the USA. Atleast something might happen with this large of a demographic bloc. I can only hope.

Akuma

#19     Mar 24, 2011
  10. rew

rew

Former governor of Colorado Dick Lamm said it best: "Bilingualism is a blessing for an individual and a curse for a nation."

#20     Mar 24, 2011