1.5 Million Foreclosures; 100,000 Jobs Lost; 100 Lenders Bankrupt

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Buy those dips, dihpar. If I were you, I'd buy NEW right now.

Oh, that's right. You can't.

#21     Mar 12, 2007
  2. dhpar

dhpar

don't try to persuade me that you are so short-sighted :cool:

#22     Mar 12, 2007
  3. You will NEVER meet a bigger bull, long term. Never.

Short term, proceed with extreme caution.

#23     Mar 12, 2007
  4. atozcom

atozcom

http://www.exilemm.com/e-sub-realunemployment.shtml

It says the real unemployment rate is 23%. That is so full of bull. There would be riot in the street if that is true. The unemployment rate is 24.9% during the Great Depression . That was one out of four people was unemployed.

President Jimmy Cart has the worst recent unemployment rate of 12%.

We are not anywhere close to that right now!!!.

The sky is NOT falling. The sky is NOT falling.

#24     Mar 12, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

you really think that 97,000 job figure is 100% on the money, hahah. How many times in the past years do they raise the job #'s. Last month they were 30,000 off. Im sure next month when March #'s are released they will up the 97,000 to 125,000. Those numbers are so manipulated and so off.

#25     Mar 13, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

bylo keep up the posts, no one has a clue whats going on until one day they see the markets in a bear market and finally realize it was right in front of them the whole time. I remember trading during the late 90's, people were making money left and right and never thought the day would come when the nasdaq would drop over 50% in less than a year. Too many believe the talking heads on cnbc that expect double digit returns again. The QQQQ' are up over 100% since bottoming only 4 short years ago. They think the economy can keep up forever. What a joke.

#26     Mar 13, 2007
  7. It doesn't bother me that some people protest the negative news, S2K.

They should consider that I didn't fabricate this article, the headline or the contents therein, though.

It's not as if Bloomberg is an anti-capitalistic rag.

I post the things I do when I come across something I find particularly interesting, worrisome, and even, sometimes, promising.

Right now, the headlines are running in the direction of the pessimistic.

If anyone here scans thestreet.com or bloomberg.com, 85% of the headlines are bearish.

Kudlow and like-minded people have been going on and on about how too much is being made of the mortgage and housing issues, while Shiller and like-minded people have expressly stated or insinuated that these issues represent an economic ticking time bomb.

Only time will allow us to know who was ultimately closer to truth.

#27     Mar 13, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Yet another real estate bull market comes to an end. The last straw is when they tighten the lending requirements and demand down payments. All the first time buyers are swept out of the picture, the move up buyers can't sell their current residence and it is over at the low end and the middle to high end. The really high end is most volatile of all, I am hoping that next cycle I can have some cash to get in that sector but that is years off.

There used to be an organization called the Center for the Study of Cycles, they had lots of info on the business cycle, long cycles, sunspot cycles, lending rate cycles, etc. I used to read everything they had but they are no more.

Buy the dips..... LOL

#28     Mar 13, 2007
  9. atozcom

atozcom

How many per cent do you think this number are manipulated?

And what is the different between 97,000 to 67,000 or 127,000? Plus or minus 30,000. OK, but what is 30,000 plus or minus 30,000 in a 300,000,000 population? It is nothing. We got that many illegal alien came in just YESTERDAY!!!

The unemployment rate is about 4.4 - 4.6% right now. How much do you really think it is manipulated?

How about make it a ridiculous, 50% more and make it a "real" rate of 6.6 - 6.9%

How about make it a really really outrageous 100% more that "real" rate 8.8 to 9.2%

That is still very far aways from Jimmy Carter's 12% unemployment rate.

Why should we be scared about unemployment?

#29     Mar 13, 2007
  10. "That is still very far aways from Jimmy Carter's 12% unemployment rate. "

er.. ~12% unemployment rate occured under Reagan's watch.

Prior to that, peak unemployment was
    ~9.0% under Ford.

Unemployment dipped to a trough at ~6%
    under Carter's watch.

Interesting how the mind's bias tends to distort actual history.

http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet

#30     Mar 13, 2007