$1.5 fee for 10 tons of corns

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by qll, Oct 23, 2006.

1. qll

qll

i trade 2 makets and have a software biz.
    work 16 hours a day now.

1 contract = 5 tons in copper.
    1 contract = 10 tons in everything else.
    1 ton=1000kg, so 1 contract is 10000kg=21000lbs

i pay 3/10000, how much do you pay in IB or elsewhere?

i short copper and long bean oil now. bean oil is at staight line up. easy to chase. low volume, pure manipulation.

#11     Oct 25, 2006
  2. qll

qll

we got big moves intra day. easy to make money. we don't have L2 as in stocks, but it shows OPEN positions, Close positons etc, so easy to track long and short. easy money!

china has a seperate market. chinese copper is interactive with internatinal, because chinese demand on forgein copper is very high. chinese sugar is indepedent, because local supply is huge, so i have track local news in 4 sugar supply areas.

#12     Oct 25, 2006
  3. e-miNY

e-miNY

I think it is pretty cheap to be paying 3 yuan for a contract.
    In US, the price structure is around 5 US Round turn across market. So, roughly 20 yuan per contract per side. I am sure you cant get anything cheaper than that unless you trade 500+ contracts a month and lease a membership from the exchange.
    How's the electronic market in china? Is the exchange stable? Do you get immediate fills? How's the charts on your software?

#13     Oct 25, 2006
  4. e-miNY

e-miNY

And you only pay one way if you daytrade? What a deal? In US, you pay both way even if you sell next second.
    I am sure the chinese market is the cheapest market to trade. With those fee structure, you can trade like a floor trader and dont have to worry about commision. The commision you pay is pretty much close to zero from my point of view

#14     Oct 25, 2006
  5. qll

qll

not 3 yuan. it is 3%% one way. so 105 yuan for 5 tons of copper.
    for oils, it is a flat fee. i still feel it is too HIGH. i pay less in penny stocks.

#15     Oct 25, 2006
  6. qll

qll

i don't know the elec-market in china, because i asked many manangers here, and nobody knows, because they don't study and they don't need to know anything to become a trading company's manager.

fill is fast. mostly like 1/10 of a sec, because after i entered the orders they are already filled. no wait at all. feel like my computer is the exchange. however, the software is very very difficult to use. no way you can fast enter orders. there is no over night stop loss. you have to enter stop loss every morning.

#16     Oct 25, 2006
  7. e-miNY

e-miNY

105 is not that bad with the volatility they have. But, it's not cheap. People in HK pay about 100 per round trip on the hang seng index.
    So, corn and oil and sugar are flat fee? 1.5 yuan?
    Is it liquid? Can market orders be fill within a tick slippage?

#17     Oct 26, 2006