1/4% Tax on all stock trades pushed in NY Times today

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by seasideheights, Jan 13, 2009.

1. sheda

sheda

If london falls to a wide spread ftt then so will europe

#11601     Jun 8, 2017
  2. %%
    Good points,HelpMe+ it was not just the speed[new faces ,new culture to fast]I hope + pray you are right on the latter, you are certainly right on the former.Tally-ho................................

#11602     Jun 9, 2017
  3. tommo

tommo

Which is why people without a demonstrable work experience within finance or an economics degree shouldn't be allowed to vote on political parties proposing insane tax/regulation laws.
    People in the UK (and i suspect most countries) are so unhappy with.. im not sure what, but they are unhappy.. will vote for anything that sounds nice. Not anything that will work.

Labour also proposing a land value tax. That will increase most people's council tax about 400% and wipe out the property market in the south east.. another one of the UK economy's golden geese.

Insane, sorry off topic probably. Rant over.

#11603     Jun 12, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Somewhat related, Theresa May recently proposed a complete ban on encryption (never let a terrorist attack go to waste).
    Totally unworkable and impossible like many financial "fixes".

#11604     Jun 12, 2017
  5. tommo

tommo

Funny how more government and more "solutions" invariably leads to more problems.
    But seems like a one way street to more complexity. Its relatively easy to write a new law compared to scrapping one.

#11605     Jun 12, 2017
  6. Doug Kass starting to yap about a transaction tax again.

#11606     Dec 26, 2018
  7. %%
    Best solution is have Doug Kass send that''small T tax'' to Treasury, his trades.We dont want any more tax , increases- the bear trend is doing well with out any more taxes/tariffs. And the 5 +/page debate on HFT, 5 page magazine article , HFT won the debate. Modern Trader mag i think it was.
    And dont believe all you read in WSJ about mad market machines..... Every trading machine has been programmed by a human . But it makes a fun scary read for some to read, as if mindless robots selling out of control.......:D:D LOL

#11607     Dec 27, 2018
  8. ET180

ET180

Agree. How come no one complains about buy programs on the way up? It's only when markets are going down that the general public blames computers.

#11608     Dec 29, 2018
  9. #11609     Feb 28, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

The thread that will not die. God bless the taxes? I'll keep banging on about it until we rebel against it in a revolution. It has been tried before, with success.

#11610     Feb 28, 2019