1.3 million to lose jobless benefits by year's end

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Sep 3, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

That is a significant amount of people without that little extra benefit at the end of each week, even if it was $473 or $225 it was something one without a job could use to pay for things they needed and wanted. What happens now as this figure swells to 2 million and eventually 5 million people. Are they going to offer a second stimulus to extend the jobless benefits. Some states are already giving out over a years worth of benefits, some as long as a year and half......

Please tell me how the market can ignore this type of news going forward, I don't think it can.

1.3 million to lose jobless benefits by year's end
    Out of work, out of benefits: As unemployment checks end, impact on families, economy grows

* By Tamara Lush, Associated Press Writer
    * On Thursday September 3, 2009, 2:27 pm EDT

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Unemployment benefits are expected to run out by the end of the year for more than 1.3 million Americans unless Congress or individual states authorize another extension.

The National Employment Law Project says more than 402,000 Americans will exhaust their unemployment benefits by the end of this month. That figure will more than triple by the end of December.

The government does not track how many jobless Americans have exhausted both their standard and extended benefits, but experts say the figure is nearly 100,000 and rising.

2. guns, ammos... night vision, kevlar... think community protection...

I hope not. Let's the dust setlle and see what is made of the American people !

3. It's very simple. The unemployment rate will drop and the market will rise based on this "good news". :D

4. I was about to say the same thing, and saw you had beaten me to it. On CNBC this will no doubt be good news.

5. Barack Obama, Valerie Jarrett and Van Jones will save us all.