1-2 ES points a day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by esnewbie, May 24, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

Face Value matters because it's the value of what's being traded.

For you to ask such a question makes me wonder whether (1) you are "slow", or (2) you don't have enough trading capital to cover the face value of 1 ES.

#21     May 25, 2007
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

I knew I was going to regret asking it, but this is getting stranger:

I MUST BE really slow today. Please explain it to me, when I sign up for a futures account with 5 K, does the broker expect me to cover the face value?? Obviously not.

Again, we both made $50 x 250 = 12500 at the end of the year on the same capital of 10K. How come our returns (according to you) are different??

You know what? Nevermind....

P.S.: Here is another approach so even FAST people like you can understand it:

If your futures account is let's say 3K, how much money can you lose, 3K or 70K???

Thank you....

#22     May 25, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

Oh come on... even YOU can figure out that returns based upon leverage are so highly variable as to be meaningless.

If you're trading on high margin, you're taking high risk.. with an equally high risk of disaster. So What if you get away with it for a while? High Leverage = "one misstep from ruin".

Whatever calculation you make based on leverage is likely not applicable to anything in the future.

#23     May 25, 2007
  4. GTS

GTS

:confused:

http://www.cftc.gov/opa/brochures/opafutures.htm

#24     May 25, 2007
  5. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

If you want to make serious money you can't delegate to any trading system

Trading systems are 100% bullshit, Large drawdown, optimization, long periods without profits

Only newbies and unsuccessful person use trading systems

Trade charts with 15/30 minute time frame, use pivot points, other support and resistance lines, the OHLC of the previous two days, weekly high, weekly low. and TIME AND SALES filtered (10/100).

I make 20/25 point per week

Trading is definitely a serious job

You must have good reflexes and nerves of steel

#25     May 25, 2007
  6. I believe a newbie CAN get 1-2 ES points per day...just work a strategy!!...go for it!!!...

#26     May 25, 2007
  7. This could not be further from the truth.

Good trading all,

Jimmy Jam

#27     May 25, 2007
  8. GTS

GTS

YES esnewbie, all you need it positive thinking: "You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you!"*

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Smalley

#28     May 25, 2007
  9. let's encourage the ESNewbie...you were once a YM or ES Newbie..maybe even a Oanda small lot Newbie...

#29     May 25, 2007
  10. or even a "demo trader" newbie...Increaasenow!

#30     May 25, 2007