$1,082 into $13,940 in 15 weeks

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Flashboy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. oten

oten

I KNOW IT IS "POSSIBLE", BUT YOU WILL NEED TO ACCELERATE THE GAINS A BIT.

BEST OF LUCK (actually I do not believe in luck = when good planning and execution meet opportunity it looks like "luck")
    Oten

#21     Dec 29, 2003
  2. Larry Williams turned 10k into 1 million in one year in a Robbins contest. Mostly made in bonds. Caught a good, long trend, and kept trading max size.

#22     Dec 29, 2003
  3. Yeah I heard him say in an interview that he broke plenty of Money Management rules in that timeframe.. but it turned out okay..

Oten..Yes I agree with accelerating the gains.. which will come when I increase size.. which hopefully I will be able to do by end of next week or a few days after..

#23     Dec 29, 2003
  4. Good luck flash. I think it can be done. Do you think that looking at P/L so much might hurt your trading? Sometimes looking at it throws me off because it adds the fear-greed factor.

#24     Dec 29, 2003
  5. Hey Private,

Yes it has hurt me in the past.. I have a spreadsheet that I show a weekly profit target and carry a projected balance forward .. and when I slip behind my goal I take mediocre trades to try and catch up.. and of course they make things worse..

With this thread I'm fully aware of how that can hurt me and I'm trying to maintain my discipline.. And I'm hoping by having to post my results and answer to whoever may be reading this thread will help me maintain my discipline..

that goal I have set in the title sounds like a lot but when you break it down.. its only 1.5 pts in the ES a day.. which can easily be obtained by being very patient

#25     Dec 29, 2003
  6. Updated Trades:

Friday took a $58 Loss in the ES.. didn't copy chart to paste..

Today:

Terrible.. did not follow plan.. Turned out to be profitable but should have easily been a $150 - $200 day.

3 trades..

Net Profit = $78.50

Beg. Balance.. = $1,217.02
    Friday's Loss -$58.00
    Today's Gain +$78.50

New Balance $1,237.52

Got out of 1st trade prematurely.. but market showed weakness and closed down fairly strong.. so decided to take a small loss of $30..

Also took another Euro trade which I'll post in next reply

#26     Dec 29, 2003
  7. Euro Trade

#27     Dec 29, 2003
  8. Today's Trades

6 trades..

Net Loss of $85.50

Prior Balance = $1,237.52 - 85.50 = $1,152.02

Bad Day..

Made a good trade early but stop was too close.. got stopped out at the high of the move.. Put me down early for the day and never really recovered.. which is why like I stated at the beginning of this thread.. I trade much better later in the afternoon

Made a trade in the Euro.. tried to get out at a profitable amount with a limit order but wasn't hit.. market took off ..

Made a trade in the Can. $ that netted $2.. not shown on charts..

#28     Dec 30, 2003
  9. Euro trade for today..

Just a note:

I've fallen a little behind my profit schedule with today's loss.. One unprofitable day can wipe out an entire week of hard work and grinding..

I can get back on track.. the key is to remain focused and stick to my plan.. be patient and let the market come to me.. too many times in the past I've tried to make things happen after I've fallen behind..

Hope everyone's trading is going well..

Flash

#29     Dec 30, 2003
  10. DeepC

DeepC

Bon Chance, neighbor!!

#30     Dec 30, 2003