$1,082 into $13,940 in 15 weeks

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Flashboy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

#11     Dec 22, 2003
  2. Mrwsm,

I agree with your figures.. and there's no way I can maintain that type of return.. but when the account is small I believe it is possible for a short period of time..

I can achieve this by averaging 1.5 pts. in the emini sp daily..

Doesn't sound hard.. but when emotions are interfering it becomes much more difficult..

#12     Dec 22, 2003
  3. I believe it is possible and wish you good luck.
    Stick to your rules and system and dont deviate and be very strict with your entry rules and I believe you shall reach it. Then start paying yourself and enjoy you freedom :))

#13     Dec 23, 2003
  4. Here's an example of how I'd hurt myself in the past..

Had a nice opportunity for a buy at 9:55.. but passed because this time period is very volatile and I've gotten whipsawed an awful lot with my trading style.

In the past.. I would be a little angry with myself for missing that profit opportunity and force a trade.. but I'm trying to remain patient and wait for the market to come to me..

#14     Dec 23, 2003
  5. MRWSM

MRWSM

Only reason they might be a tiny bit off is because I didn't bother counting exactly how many market open days in the year 2004. I just plugged in the number 255 open days in a year which should be +/- a few days. Therefore the percentage given might have some play of a few percent. Otherwise it would be dead balls accurate.

It is possible, I had 2 very hot months this summer in one of my ventures where I averaged 149% per month for 2 months. If I was able to keep that up it would be over 5 million percent in a year and you'd be seeing my face on CNBC. LOL.:)

#15     Dec 23, 2003
  6. Today's Trades:

2 trades..

Gross Profit = $100
    Less Commission of $8 per trade..
    Net Profit of $84

Beg. Balance $1,082.52 + 84 = $1,166.52

Met goal for the day but it could have been much better.. Bailed on 1 trade a little early and missed a trade late in the day with a limit order..

trades outlined on chart..

#16     Dec 23, 2003
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

look like batman head

#17     Dec 23, 2003
  8. Sure does..

Maybe we can publish it as a new pattern.. write a book.. Hold some seminars...

Good eye

#18     Dec 23, 2003
  9. Today's Trades

4 trades

Gross Profit = $82.50

Net Profit = $50.50

Beg. Balance $1,166.52 + $50.50 = $1,217.02

Good day profitability wise.. Got out of a NQ trade early that would have resulted in a nice profit..

The trade attached was a loss in the YM..

I made 9 pts. in the Euro..

Everything going according to plan so far.. But I have a long way to go.. As long as I stay focused and dettached from the market I think everything will work out..

Merry X-mas to everyone..

#19     Dec 24, 2003
  10. cwjcntr

cwjcntr

Merry Christmas dude...

Keep up the good work! Should be interesting to see you progress, and so far, you're doing well.

#20     Dec 24, 2003