$1,000 and emini index futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, May 23, 2007.

1. Visit www.cbot.com and learn about the contract....

#41     Jun 27, 2007
  2. RL8093

RL8093

Increasenow,
    Within this thread (and the others you've initiated) is a wealth of very good advice. However, you seem unlikely/unable to hear much of it

... so ...

Consider the $1,000 currently burning a hole in your pocket as the 1st installment of tuition toward your market education.

Come back when it is gone and you may then be more receptive to good advice...

Enjoy your trading

R

#42     Jun 27, 2007
  3. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

I think Lorenzo was stating he was trading "1 to 2" contracts at a time, rather than 1/2 contract.

#43     Jun 27, 2007
  4. Life begins when the dog dies and the kids leave home.

#44     Jun 27, 2007
  5. Prevail

Prevail Guest

In response to the original question, you may as well just sell 2 sigma puts and buy them back if they triple. Hopefully without any major moves you can have a few grand in a year.

#45     Jun 27, 2007
  6. le140

le140

Don't scalp the YM. Wait for 3 consecutive up or down days in the YM and a total of about 350+ pts in either direction, fade this move for 60 pts gain.

Dont stop out for losses here, let your account close out if you are wrong or take the 60 pts gain.

Keep repeating the process until you double your account and learn a new way to trade. But stick with this strategy and you will eventually blow up too.

This situation does not come often, but if you cannot wait for it, you are not cut out for this game anyway.

Good luck,

#46     Jun 29, 2007
  7. Tcbjx9

Tcbjx9

hahaha!

#47     Jul 1, 2007
  8. It's not a matter of $1000 being impossible to make it.

It's a matter of a great method, a good setup and daily goals.

Your best chance, depends on the market you know best and an understanding of the market- "to take your account"! And the "smart money" will succeed at exactly that.

If you have experience in the ER or ES, then trade with a plan.

Also you need something to give you an edge- knowlege!
    I use and teach the Brilliant "method" -- the key to the ES emini-- also you can trade the ER, YM or NQ.

A good plan for example:

Don't use indicators or Sup/Res (I have not met anyone, system or method to figure this out except for what I teach!!).
    PLAN:
    Trade the ER, go with the flow.
    3 trades at $70 targets
    Trade only 1 lot, never add-on.
    $200 a day for 2 weeks and you will have $3000 if you start with $1000.
    Good Luck!
    Brill

#48     Nov 12, 2007
  9. discrat

discrat

I think $1,000 is an amount that you can use to become skillfull at emini trading.

In other wards, you should have other income coming in to support your lifestyle while you spend the day paying your tuition by trading only one contract liveand switching back and forth between the Sim. and Live trading.
    This is to keep that $1,000 from blowing up. And believe me that is much HARDER than it sounds. Just ask anyone in here who has traded the eminis more than 3 months when just starting out.

Eventually, if you can survive with this $1,000 for a year then you can seriously start to consider extending your account to $5k to 10K.

Then, you MIGHT be on your way to actually making emini trading a legitimate way of Living.

Just always have the Sim. to go back on when a losing streak occurs.

Thats the key !! And dont move out of that one contract mindset for awhile until you are consistently profitable.

#49     Nov 12, 2007
  10. How can you love futures trading you obviously dont trade by all the stupid questions you bring up. They are all so repetitive as well.

#50     Nov 12, 2007