$1,000,000 in 3 Months

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Tums, Aug 20, 2006.

1. It's possible.

Lotta hard work involved.

#31     Aug 20, 2006
  2. romik

romik

Seriously now, whether it can or can't be done is irrelevant, as the only way that you could achieve this is by being phenomenally lucky time after time after time. After all you said it very plain, you "have no idea how to achieve this". Advice won't help you, not in 3 months of trading.

#32     Aug 20, 2006
  3. sim03

sim03

Absolutely. From $10,000 to $1,147,607, or +11,276%, in 12 months, to be exact. He was up as high as $2,042,967 (+20,230%) by the end of September of that year (1987), before giving up nearly half of those gains over the last 3 months. Still, a most inspiring performance record, yet to be broken. A couple hundred trades across a dozen commodities, via both futures and options. Everything from large losses to singles to home runs. Monthly statements:

http://www.adest.com.au/larrywilliams/world_cup_championship.htm

#33     Aug 20, 2006
  4. #34     Aug 20, 2006
  5. the problem is attaching a time frame, when the market is hot money rolls in, when it's not you will have trouble making a dime.

#35     Aug 20, 2006
  6. Always aim high.... there isn't a manual for how high, but I guess this is high enough :D

Multiply your money by 20! Do it.

#36     Aug 20, 2006

7. very well said.

#37     Aug 20, 2006
  8. Your statement is one that deserves some consideration.

There is an ET thread running which requests people to contribute breakthroughs that they have had in their lives. It is a couple of years old and several people who quit ET contributed to it. Now it is about 20 pages long and briefly active.

There was only one breakthrough in the 20 pages that dealt with the underlying subject of your statement.

Your statement is basically asking a fundamental (meaning one of the first questions to consider for making money anywhere and anyhow) question.

I was lucky and did consider the question: "what is the potential that the market can deliver?" and, of course, subsequently, "how is that potential effectively and efficiently extracted?"

It would be a good thing the get these answers and get them on the record a few times in a few ways. To work through this probably wouldn't take very long either.

Suppose any person who was a trader did get to where you are: realizing he has been not performing in any way remotely related to pulling the potential that the market offers. What would he do?

In two years in ET only one person spoke about a breakthrough related to this. And you state that you have no idea how to deal with the questions.

I decided to make a list of the breakthroughs that did occur over nearly 50 years to a person (me) who knows to address and did address the questions of how to extract the potentional of the markets and be effective and efficient while doing so.

It also occurred to me to make a narrative (400 pages or so) of how one thing led to another and to highlight many events that verify the substantive content of the breakthroughs.

As a general comment on your statement, when I am personally working with a traders or trading room, as I am now, the discussion on both PVT and SCT involves dealing on a weekly basis with more capital per week than you are talking about. I have to repeat this to you so you and others will "get it". Less capital is used daily in SCT to achieve your result by transfers made weekly into equities trading as a consequence of the limitations of the futures markets. In PVT, two levels of trading, lower and higher skilled levels, similarly exceed the weekly requirement to exceed your statement's requirements.

The transition required to take a person to these levels, as shown recently, by brief demonstrated performances is two days for SCT and right now I am experiencing a few week transition where I only have contact weekly for about 6 hours for PVT persons.

My comments fit under all comments welcome and they just address the two issues of: does the market offer capital for the taking and can a person take the offering on some level of effectivenss and efficiency. Both answers are affirmative for each of the two markets: commodities and equities. They all exceed your statement.

As you see over two years in ET only one person proffered that he considered your question and that he had a breakthrough. His breakthrough was at a beginner level it turns out and not at an intermediate or expert level which is a nice skill level to have to be effective and efficient.

All of the other breakthroughs in the ET record there are not related to this arena but are simply focussed on a path that forks away from this stuff. That path contains no component related to market offerings nor trader effectiveness and efficiency. they are all duds as breaakthroughs.

I'm not going to address what is possible either marketwise nor traderwise. It is almost dumfounding to see and understand why the persons in ET approach things the way they do and how the standard of performance is set and accepted by the full range of ET persona.

What you are enquirying about has answers that, de facto in ET, are "unbelievable" and they(the answers) are stareing the world in the face day after day without fail.

Do yourself a favor and look at what the so called "brains" of ET hold as a standard for their harping about ideas that they cannot process or understand simply because they apply the (a) paradigm they believe to a different paradigm that they are not aware of nor condone.

Read the long slow curve and reflections of acrary to see where after year upon year of iteratively refiinng a mistaken concept (his words), he finally dealt with the issues you are raising.

Your statement raises an opportunity for everyone to consider and it will not be considered by anyone it turns out.

#38     Aug 20, 2006
  9. I hear he looks good in stripes. Has he already left the gated community?

#39     Aug 21, 2006
  10. Ah, the power of "belief." No doubt, Larry is the goji juice of the trading world. Now, if only he could get an MLM thing going...

#40     Aug 21, 2006