$1,000,000 in 3 Months

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Tums, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Tums is a failed Jack Heshey trader.

This is just a pipedream generated by too many conversations with a madman.

#151     Dec 28, 2008
  2. Tums

Tums

You sound angry.

Why?

#152     Dec 30, 2008
  3. ganesh6

ganesh6

LOL

:p :p

#153     Dec 30, 2008
  4. #154     Dec 30, 2008
  5. sogodo

sogodo

there is nothing impossible if you use options :)

every barber knows that already :)

the $1mln question is how to use them properly. for starters -- watch videos by Dan Sheridan, for example. one step in a time... :)

#155     Dec 31, 2008
  6. #156     Dec 31, 2008
  7. sogodo

sogodo

Couple days ago I found out some of Hershey posts, and it reminded me Harry Boxer's approach a little bit.

I use various approaches, and similar technique is in my arsenal, too.

Works for me, and, basically, you don't need much indicators (if any at all), by the way.

Building trivial channels inside other channels in different timeframes, plus paying some attention to the volume dynamics, without forgetting money management, and it is kinda difficult to fail in the long run.

$100K is in average $500 per day.
    Even if you don't compound your profits (and unavoidable losses :)), and always use only $100K each year, it takes you ~10yrs to make a million, and it's much faster with compounding. Of course, taxes and some drawdowns can change this rosy picture, but not much.

Hershey is good! His posts of 2003 are not very outdated, by the way. There are some differences between equities and futures. I'm talking about futures at this point.

And a lot of successful traders, IMHO, have very similar techniques -- take, for example, all these 1-2-3's, channels, squeezes, Ross Hooks, Hershey, Boxer, Carter, and what not.
    Especially if you summarize everything and try to find some common denominator. They all are actually talking about the same things, just wrapping different elements up to present their ideas. And nothing is new and/or very original, actually... :)

I'm not original at all, too. Just do my best to be very consistent. It's difficult because of one reason -- it requires a lot of self-discipline.

IMHO :)

Quote from Mandelbrot:

#157     Jan 2, 2009
  8. question for original poster ...TUMS...how about letting us all know how you have done trying to achieve your 40.000 % roi strategy????

#158     Sep 11, 2009