$1,000,000 in 3 Months

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Tums, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Tums

Tums

I want to make $1,000,000 in 3 Months
    (say, with a starting capital of $50,000)

I have no idea how to achieve this.
    Maybe your input can help.
    You can tell me I am crazy. All inputs are welcome and taken seriously (but not personally).

I have been feeling lazy, trading aimlessly through life; picking up a few points here, a few points there.
    I am trading stocks, options and futures, and a bit of forex (I prefer forex futures).

Ok, I am making money, but I have lost all purpose of it.
    I need a challenge.

That's why I dream of making $1,000,000 in 3 months.

Is it impossible?
    I have seen people do it.

Napoleon Hill said ' What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve'

Can you conceive making $1mil in 3 months?
    Do you believe it can be done?

2. Tums

Tums

If I break it down to daily figure:

rounding up 3 months to 100 days:

$1,000,000 in 100 days equals to $10,000 per day.

:eek:

3. Tums

Tums

If I work on weekly basis:

Starting with $50,000, I will need a weekly compunding return of 30%

:confused:

4. I'll help you for 25% of all profits.

EDIT: lets make 2mil in 6 months

5. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Not impossible.

Just improbable.

:(

6. Vegas baby, Vegas.....good luck! :D

7. Search on Grob109 and Jack Hershey for a description of his Seamless Continuous Trading method in the S&P 500 index future ES. Guaranteed to make a lot of money change hands, easily as much as you mentioned if you trade it aggressively.

8. Make 1% return a day on your account size with growing your position size daily.....be a little more patient then 3 months and you will be exceptionally pleased with your returns.

Now go and figure out how to do just 1% of your total account size daily....:)

$50,000 account is more then adequate to get to your $1 million goal in a short period of time.

Day #1 $500.00

Day #2 $505.00

Day #3 $510.05

Day #4 $515.15

Day #5 $520.30

Day #365.....you do the math. :D

Take the more methodical higher probability route......only way to win at this game.

9. With 50k you could trade 100 ES contracts. Make two points a day and keep adding contracts as you go. All you have to do is get your two points a day. You will have your million in a month or so.

10. Three months is closer to 60 trading days.

If memory serves, Grob had once written that a return of up to 7% daily was possible using his magic beans, whereas the initiator of this thread is only looking for a relatively "modest" ~5.2% with daily compounding. Kindly refer to Grob's following post in another thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1031210#post1031210

Somewhere in the middle of his soliloquy, he wrote, "...the market potential for a front running trader orientation to trading the highest quality stocks (based upon earnings and price performance) runs, on a daily basis 4 to 7 % a day consistently."

Hypostomus, I particularly like your carefully chosen words, "Guaranteed to make a lot of money change hands." Indeed. :D

#10     Aug 20, 2006